Farewell ole trusty Lincoln

darkhaven

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well after nearly 10 years and 271,000 miles traded in the LS on a Fusion SEL. Have to say this was the most dependable problem free car I have ever owned. Was going to keep it as a second car but the dealership had an offer for 3 grand over trade in value so i ended up getting $4,200 for it lol.

lol the only things that i replaced on the car sence i got it at 20kish miles was 2 sets of plugs, 1 set of coils, 1 set of valve cover gaskets, an egr valve, outer tierods front, sway bar links front, lower ball joints front and an alternator. mobile one oil changes every 10k and trans and rear dif changes every 70k. hell i wouldnt mind finding the auction its going to and buying it back for a couple hundred lol

You are the only one. I know people that have had the LS and hated it. Coils, timing chains and transmission problems galore. 90% of the threads here are about LS coil issues and other problems. Old lincolns don't make good DDs.

Well after nearly 10 years and 271,000 miles traded in the LS on a Fusion SEL. Have to say this was the most dependable problem free car I have ever owned. Was going to keep it as a second car but the dealership had an offer for 3 grand over trade in value so i ended up getting $4,200 for it lol.

Was it part of the Cash for Clunkers? :lol:

You are the only one. I know people that have had the LS and hated it. Coils, timing chains and transmission problems galore. 90% of the threads here are about LS coil issues and other problems. Old lincolns don't make good DDs.

bash more?

Thats good that they hated it. we love ours.

why are you on here all the time? could it be you want one too? :D

I've only had mine for 5 months and other than a front wheel bearing, haven't had any issues with my LS. I would have to say this is my favorite car I have ever owned. Bash all you want, I'm not too worried about it.
Maybe, seeing his user name, explains his paranoia. Hmmm.....

The people who post here represent a very small portion of the total amount of LS owners.

My 3 have also been very reliable. Parts do wear out and must be replaced on any vehicle.

yeah cuz they r junk cars, i hate mine. i would light it on fire if i didnt spend so much for it lol

The people who post here represent a very small portion of the total amount of LS owners.

My 3 have also been very reliable. Parts do wear out and must be replaced on any vehicle.

Say it aint so...i thought cars were supposed to last forever.

Apparently nothing has to be changed out on a $1000 mk8.

yeah cuz they r junk cars, i hate mine. i would light it on fire if i didnt spend so much for it lol

then sell it or dump it into a river and get a prius.

He's not the only one.
I have two, both are daily drivers. There's about 140K on one and about 77K on the other. The problems have been few, and I very much like both of them.

There's little reason to post everyday that I haven't had a problem. It's natural that most of the posts are about problems, just as most of the news on TV is about bad things happening.

If you were given three grand over "trade in" for a LS with a quarter of a million miles I say you paid more than MSRP for the new car. I've been shopping for a BMW and I keep getting offered two grand BELOW trade in and mine only has 143,000.

why are you on here all the time? could it be you want one too? :D
I did, but my FLM tech told me not to.

I was just saying that my friends/family were severly dissapointed. Lots of negative reviews on line too.
Apparently nothing has to be changed out on a $1000 mk8.
Well I have owned mine for 6 years and it cost me $4500 with 50xxx miles. I have changed the water pump and a BJ and thats it, unless I was modding.

The $1000 dollar one got its engine yanked and built for my stang.

In it a few times, but your mom uses her teeth too much. J/K man. I really like the way they look, but my buddy at Anderson Ford told me not to get one as he handed me the service manual to my 93, cuz no one came in with a Mark ever.

Yeah well i dont let people tell me what to buy or not buy.

And chances of a vehicle from the 90's going to a dealer are very slim. Most people who take vehicles to a dealer are from recent years.

In it a few times, but your mom uses her teeth too much. J/K man. I really like the way they look, but my buddy at Anderson Ford told me not to get one as he handed me the service manual to my 93, cuz no one came in with a Mark ever.

bc theyre not worthy of getting serviced next to LSes :)

Naw the old men who own them never drive them, plus the bays are so full with LSs that there is no room. Seriously though, at the time he was replacing the tranny in the same LS that he had just put a tranny in the month before. He was probably biased.

Members online

No members online now.
Back