Fan Running and running and....

01ROSALESLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing lately that my cooling fan is constantly running. As soon as I turn the car on till I turn it off, any ideas on what may be wrong? I haven't noticed any other problems. It is getting reallly annoying in stop and go traffic. Please help me fix this,
Joe

is the a/c or defrost on??? the fan usually runs as soon as the a/c defroster is on.

Nope, it does it even when the a/c is off. I like cruising with the windows open. So unless its extremely hot I don't have the a/c on.
Is there a sensor or switch under the hood that may need replacing???

Just be glad its running. At least its moving air when its running. Many people here have had the opposite problem.

Well I am glad, it just seems like my mileage is being hurt and it gets a little annoying. Now is not the time to loose any, ANY, fule mileage.
joe

Pull off the front cover, which is over the radiator. 4 hand screws(plastic).
Look down inbetween the radiator and the transmission cooler. It's probably full of leaves and debri. wash it out with a hose. My Ls was doing the same thing. goodluck!

I will check that out, seems possible, my house is surrounded by trees. I'm always picking stuff off the car.
Thanks...

I cleaned all the debri from between the trans cooler and radiator, no luck. I'm also noticing that my temp needle is reading higher than it normally does. The cars computer says the temp is still normal. I don't know what to do or check. It's going to the shop tomorrow. I talked to my mechanic and he's not sure what it is either.
Anybody with any ideas is welcomed to chime in.
Thanks,
Joe

Members online

No members online now.
Back