Fan Clutch

EvilFord

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i was checking over my TC cause i'm going to the beach this weekend. I noticed the fan was just lazily spinning at idle, so i kicked the rpms up and it didn't move faster. I was able to grab it and spin it left and right (not recommended to do). So i figured the fan clutch was bad (hey i was able to do the same thing when the one in my 92 stang went). I replaced it last night. Fired it up and it was spinning like a champ. No problem. Start it this morning to come to work and i could hear it working fine. Now i checked it when i got to work and it's doing the same thing again. It is just a bad part or am i missing something here?

It should not spin freely... Upon start up and acceleration, you should hear an audible "whoosh"... Means its operational... Is it an OEM from Ford, or aftermarket?

well if u keep having trouble with clutches and you dont mind the car not being perfectly stock, you could retrofit it with an electric fan. that way youll get more power when the clutch wouldve been engaged and you wont have to worry about the clutch going bad again ive done it to a couple vehicles just for my peace of mind and if the clutch on my 92 ltc goes ill prolly do the same.

Members online

No members online now.
Back