Fall Photos

rallyusa

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, just cleaned my car, thought I would take some photos with a nice fall leaves backdrop:

Does anyone think blacking out the bottom grill would look good? I'm not sure I'm sold on it, I've seen a few pictures but haven't seen one in person, I'm wondering if it's one of those "pics don't do it justice" things....

Nice clean car you got there.

I have been wanting to black out my lower grille but it's just been too damn cold here lately.

I would use plastidip and then if you don't like it you could peel it off

Since you are asking for feedback, I would recommend leaving your lower the same color as the car(hella clean LS you have). The 06 LSE front lower seems to pulls off the look only because of the shape of the area combined with it being a smaller section of black.

I guess what I am trying to say is that painting it seems to "takeover" the front end and detracts from the symmetry of it.

Plasti dip the lower grille to see if u like the look. Can't go wrong. I know i loved the look of mine when i blacked it out. Even now with the LSE/06 bumper i still love the look of the blacked out lower grille.

LSE bumper def. looks wayy better. I did mine in plasti, and i've been happy with it. I just think the lower grille is ugly, and i feel like once it's dipped its less distracting.

The way the LSE lower shape matches the grille shape simply just works for me.

yeah i meant the "pre-lse" grille i guess. but i agree.
I dont think ill ever do the conversion, i think it would be smarter to save that money for problems that may arise. But a man can dream cant he??

Thanks for the feedback, had I realized there was an LSE version of this car before I bought it, I might have held back until I found one. However it's really just a matter of if I want to spend the money for an LSE conversion now, or do something cheap with mine (like black-out the lower grill). I'm going to take the advice on the plasti-dip and see what it comes out like. I don't really mind the way it looks now, I've just seen a few photos of other members cars and thought it looked pretty good.

Also, I may do a custom fiberglass bumper in the not-to-distant future, using the stock one as a mold and building it from there, if/when I decide to do it, I will make a new thread to track the progress.

Another question, has anyone here had any success with the paintless dent removal services? I have a few dings that I would like taken out and if I can avoid having body work done to do so it would be great.

Thanks again!

As mentioned above, it won't look as nice painted black. In a way makes the nose on the car look very flat and wide.

Plus, after 3 weeks on the highway, the original paint will start showing from rock chips and look even worst.

Members online

Back