Factory Lug Nuts Suck!

'00GrayGhost

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Baseline: 2000 LS8 with Chrome 17" 5 star wheels with exposed lugs. Has anybody replaced these crappy stainless covered lug Nuts? I need to replace mine, but I hate to put oem nuts back on. The stainless is flimsy as f$@k! Any help is appreciated. Smartass comments aren't appreciated. I know how to properly remove and replace the nuts. The shop that did my tires screwed them up with an impact wrench. They're going to pay for replacement. I'm putting them on myself! Sorry for the long post.

Chris

Not a smart ass comment: This topic's been beaten to death. Search and ye shall find info on better replacement lugnuts.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum for at least six years. You are correct, the lug nuts contain a cap that deforms when you try to remove the lug nuts. Do a search and you'll find many suitable replacement sources, including some Chrysler Sebring nuts if I remember right.

And if you get the lugnuts from the dealer, make sure they give you the new style. I replaced all mine and the bastards gave me the same shltty lug nuts just new ones.

Thanks guys. I thought I was just unlucky. I didn't realize it was widespread. I'll search now. Sorry.

Chris

I ended up buying a set of imitation Gorilla lugs off of eBay. They came with 4 chrome valve stems. I paid a total of 30 dollars. Now that I'm searching around I probably could have just bought original Gorilla lugs but whatever.

Ive been searching for awhile for other lugnuts and ive done the searches to find which ones to get (Sebring lugs or the improved lincoln ones) but the websites that have them will only ship to the usa. I can't find any in Canada that I know of or a website that will ship to me. I dont really wanna pay top $ at the dealer for them to replace them. Does anyone know a website that will ship them to Canada?

I bought mine from fordpartsonline.com. Kind of expensive, paid around $90 for 20 of them, but hey they are great, no caps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back