Factory head unit

Imaskurfer2

New LVC Member
Reaction score
New member but have followed for years. Recently replaced my 01 LS6 Sport with an 02 LSE in Pacific Blue with 73k miles. The factory HU is having trouble loading CD's and I can't access any of the functions through the Menu button. According to FordETIS it has the Audiophile system. Part number on the HU is 2W4T18C815AC. The local recyclers also show what looks like an identical unit with part number YW4F18C815BC. I'm wondering what the difference is between the 2 units. Any information is appreciated!

They should exchange just fine. Same specs and features, AFAIK. Honestly though, I must suggest that you consider aftermarket. There are harness converters, steering wheel control adapters, and dash kits that make double din aftermarket look factory. (You would lose RAP unless you run a wire to the DDM.)

(You would lose RAP unless you run a wire to the DDM.)

Can you translate that into english?

I put one of those Pioneer DA120's in mine (apple airplay) and although everything sounds great to me with it, I never did figure out if the two speakers in the transmission tunnel would be usable. The wiring harness they sent only had 3 connectors for the back of the radio and the original had 4. I figured that had something to do with it but never found a wiring diagram showing a 4 connector radio.

So I never was sure if those speakers were fed by the radio directly or they buried an amp that isn't tripping when the power is on (like the subwoofer). Just curious if RAP and DDM stood for something along those lines.

Can you translate that into english?
you would lose Retained Accessory Power (the cars accessories keep powered up after the key has been turned off until the door is opened) unless you run a wire to the Drivers Door Module (the module inside the drivers door)

I put one of those Pioneer DA120's in mine (apple airplay) and although everything sounds great to me with it, I never did figure out if the two speakers in the transmission tunnel would be usable. The wiring harness they sent only had 3 connectors for the back of the radio and the original had 4. I figured that had something to do with it but never found a wiring diagram showing a 4 connector radio.
they CAN be easily retained, however as they were for adding sound effects using the OEM's internal DSP that your aftermarket radio does not have, I would recommend leaving them unhooked

So I never was sure if those speakers were fed by the radio directly or they buried an amp that isn't tripping when the power is on (like the subwoofer). Just curious if RAP and DDM stood for something along those lines.
the subs have their own amp, the center channels effect speakers have their own amp, the wires for both are located in the same 8 pin harness.

Members online

Back