Factory fit double din navation head unit is installed and working! In LS

jdsimons

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok i finally finished the faceplate for the double din headunit, which does not exist if your trying to buy a double din for your lincoln ls. But this faceplate ended up looking better then the single din kit you can buy from stereo shops. I finally got gps up and running this weekend, was up from 8 in the morning till 3 the next morning trying to get the car done. Just for future references when i am needing to recall what i used, i will post what we did to get it operating and also for those of you who may want to hook up gps to their LS if it didn't come as a option.. lol.. But for speed pulse we had to tap into the rear abs sensor and the only place we could find a decent location is right next to the abs module located in the most uncomfortable location to get to, above the whole rear-end assembly but luckily was able to get someones skinny arms through the labrynth..lol..

But we ran into a slight problem when we saw that there was two wires that fed into the sensor from the module, "Which one is it the black one or the brown one?" we thought, well instead of tapping both and testing we decided just to go with what we thought would work.. BROWN.. we driving around and from what the good ol' trusty multimeter was showing us was that this was definately the speed pulse wire we needed. Tapped into Brown wire, hooked up head unit, NO SPEED PULSE from head unit. K didn't make sense but it was wrong, so we only have one other wire to use, BLACK, tapped into the BLACK wire from the sensor hooked up head unit and it showed up on the head that it was receiving a speed pulse. of course it showed i was going 180 mph when i was just test driving in the garage, but after we took it outside so gps could get a signal the headunit calibrated itself to show the correct speed within one block of driving.

And we found out why the multimeter was confusing us, The damn prongs we broke, went to check voltage from battery nothing, but anyway just a long story to kinda tell you what happened on the journey of getting this thing to work..lol.. i won't get into details how many times in one night we had to tear apart the dash and put back together cause we kept forgetting to plug something in..lol

Here's some pics of final installation..

medium.gif

large.gif

medium.gif

Thanks guys, want to thank everyone at lvc for the help with some tough question i had helped getting this thing done.. Thnks guys

didjital| said:
Now clean up that passenger side down there and start rollin! - Great job on the install

Ya next day i gave the car a good bath and vacumed the inside it was pretty dirty the way we left it after climbing all over the inside ..

dude, that is tight 2 def. jk. lol. Seriously, that looks factory. I was logging on just now to ask if anyone knew if a double din headunit would fit in the LS. Question answered. Thanks.

Did it come with the climate controls? Awesome job. Ive been wanting to do or have it done. Hows the sound compared to the old system?

Members online

No members online now.
Back