Factory amp and aftermarket radio

jt_grignon

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have 2002 lincoln ls v8 with alpine stereo. I bought a new deck, Alpine IVA-W505 Head/Receiver Unit
I was wondering if anyone knows how to install the deck and keep the factory amp for the interior speakers?

About the same for any car with a factory amp I assume. If you get a wiring kit for it, it should have a plugin to run power to the factory amp. Wire power to the amp through the blue/white wire and the speakers like normal is how I have done it in other ford vehicles.

they make a wireing kit for it, i had to get one. It does not come with the standard harness. It will have a square plug that goes to the amp and then the rcs's and amp turn on or remote wire, which is conected to the blue/white wire mentioned above. it will also have a ground wire for the amp.

The rest of the wiring uses the other harness you have (should buy) to buy and it will come with instuctions on which wire is which. I recommend soldering and shrink tubeing the conections for the best sound and durrability.

yea, everybody here knows how to install a radio into their LS because this comes up just about every week, why dont you search around for some of the ten thousand threads that already exist.

I know how to intall a radio as well, i just have never kept the factory amp. sorry i'm not as knowledgable as some of you, you must have been born with the knowledge it sounds, like you had to learn it from some where, i'm just trying to figure it out. do you have a sugestion for the wire harness...

Members online

No members online now.
Back