Eyebrow help?

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
im taking off my old brows today cause they look bad and putting the new ones ken sent me on. i dont want to screw it up again so can someone tell me whats the best way to put them on with out getting bubbles in them. i just want to say thanks again to ken for sending me new ones. greatly appreciated

and also ken when are the plastic ones coming out i saw u talking about them in a previous thread?

I applied mine this way:

I gentle scored the backing tape with a razor so I could peel it apart from the center.

I then lined it up on the light..... the lines in the lights help for alignment.

Then I peeled off one side starting from the center slowly peeling the backing away while sticking the eyebrow to the light. ( go slow and apply even pressure) try to press from the center outward.

repeat on the other half. if you happen to get a small bubble here and there take a needle and make a very small puncture hole. then force the bubble out from the outside inward. I also use a credit card as a way to smooth it out evenly.

There is also the soapy water method but I think this way is easier.

itsnotmydaddys said:
and also ken when are the plastic ones coming out i saw u talking about them in a previous thread?
Next week. Bubbles will occur and go away over time. Also, the surface can not be hot or sitting in the sun.

Plastic ones come out next week? What? i just bought the vinyl ones about a week ago.

Last edited:
FBplaya0085 said:
Plastic ones come out next week? What? i just bought the vinyl ones about a week ago.
I'm waiting to get them in stock but they are plastic in nature and are much better than the vinyl in terms of installation. Once I get them in stock I won't be selling the vinyl any longer. They'll only come in two colors: gloss black and carbon fiber.

GrayGhost1 said:
I'm waiting to get them in stock but they are plastic in nature and are much better than the vinyl in terms of installation. Once I get them in stock I won't be selling the vinyl any longer. They'll only come in two colors: gloss black and carbon fiber.

Are these the polyurethane ones that are manufactured by mimousa?? The ones that are paintable?

SolacE said:
Are these the polyurethane ones that are manufactured by mimousa?? The ones that are paintable?
Yes. I have been working with them to correct their templates for the eyebrows. When I talked with them about the product they thought one size fit all. This is incorrect. The surface on the 00-02 headlights are different than the 03-05 headlights. They are making the correct templates now. I have two prototypes now and they fit great. I also have gloss black and real carbon fiber B-Pillar inserts as well.

will there be clear corner lens for the non-sport ls, the one with the chrome strip, anytime soon

SacTownzFinest said:
will there be clear corner lens for the non-sport ls, the one with the chrome strip, anytime soon
Late May or early June.

Check ebay for the hard paintable plastic ones. I bought a set a while back off of ebay and had them painted, havent installed them yet but they look great painted. I can post pics if anyone wants me too.

I also have a roll of the black vinyl if anyone wants to cut their own, after screwing up the first set i just bought a roll of my own a whole $14 for i dont know how many feet and just ended up cutting my own until i got them to fit properly, they still look cheesy but will work until i install my hard plastic painted ones on my HID's.

thx
dc

ldc said:
Check ebay for the hard paintable plastic ones. I bought a set a while back off of ebay and had them painted, havent installed them yet but they look great painted. I can post pics if anyone wants me too.

I also have a roll of the black vinyl if anyone wants to cut their own, after screwing up the first set i just bought a roll of my own a whole $14 for i dont know how many feet and just ended up cutting my own until i got them to fit properly, they still look cheesy but will work until i install my hard plastic painted ones on my HID's.

thx
dc
What year LS do you have? If you have a 2003-2005 LS then those off of ebay will fit properly. If not, then there will be a lot of over hang where the turn signal is.

I do own a 2003 as well, i did a trial fitment before i had them painted they seemed to fit well. Here's a pic:

IMG_0753 r.jpg

ldc said:
I do own a 2003 as well, i did a trial fitment before i had them painted they seemed to fit well. Here's a pic:
Yeah, those are for the 2003 and up LS's. They will NOT fit on the 2000-2002 headlights. That's why I've worked with the manufacturer to make the correct style. They look real good once on. Take some pictures when you get them installed.

GrayGhost1 said:
What year LS do you have? If you have a 2003-2005 LS then those off of ebay will fit properly. If not, then there will be a lot of over hang where the turn signal is.

I found a set of polyurethane paintable eybrows on eBay, but the auction claims that they are for the 00-02. Just curious if these are actually the ones that would fit the '03 headlights that I installed. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7981604317&category=38661

itsnotmydaddys said:
im taking off my old brows today cause they look bad and putting the new ones ken sent me on. i dont want to screw it up again so can someone tell me whats the best way to put them on with out getting bubbles in them. i just want to say thanks again to ken for sending me new ones. greatly appreciated

You certainly could make your own. But a nice set cut to fit is ideal. Having spent several years in the vinyl industry a very mild soluiton of soap and water sprayed onto the surface before applying the vinyl will help with both placement AND squeezing out any bubbles.

A credit card could work but be careful of it's sharp edge. I've taken a CC and folded masking tape over the edge, which works fine in simply applications.

If you do get a bubble you can also take a pin and poke the bubble releasing the air.

Members online

Back