Extra wires hidden for power rear mirror?

Awesund

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy guys... transfering more stuff from the '85.
This newer '91 wasn't ordered with the auto adjusting rear view mirror so there's no visable wire plug hanging for it, although it does have that sensor there and the plug for that.
Does anyone know if I might find the extra wires/plug stuffed up under the front panel? I would think so for production costs. Why make 2 diff harnesses.
I have two mirrors to choose from ... the original '85 motor driven flip (which is kinda cool) and a '92 LCD dim unit.

I guess I need to take it down anyway, ...the compass and temp display seem to only power on whenever they feel like it. :mad: My '85 did the same thing...mainly worked in cold weather...:(

I've been told that the wiring is up underneath there back when I was going to put an auto-dimming rear view in my car like 4 years ago.

Thanks mate!
Hell, I figured they left the fog light plugs/switch connections for non-equiped units, so why not power mirrors.

All you need is a hot and ground. The third wire is to insure the mirror does not dim while in revers. I didn't hook that one up. The wires are up there.

Well,I didn't take down the whole panel, just removed the overhead electronics cluster.
I didn't see the actual "extra" wires needed, so I just spliced into a "lights-on" power source and ground, up there..

So I recon the answer to my question is 'no'. The factory wires are not there, at least not the original plug and wires. Not imediately available.

Thanks for the info about the reverse.

Members online

No members online now.
Back