Exhaust

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What kind of exhaust are you guys running with your V8's?

I'm wanting a slightly louder muffler but still deep, no loss of performance. Is it necesarry to replace everything or would a muffler swap do the trick? Anybody running Borla, Flowmaster, or Magnaflow or are you guys forking out for the Billy Boat type systems?

Magnaflow seems to be the popular one around here, although from reading through the 14 or so pages of threads I've seen a few borlas and one straight out of the cats.

Someone in a thread below this one was looking for sound clips of the various exhaust systems in action, haven't seeen any clips posted yet.

EDIT: If you're just looking looking for a sound change and not concerned with any performance gains you could probably just mess with the mufflers since they are all the way in the back. I believe the above mentioned systems increase the size of the pipe all the way back.

I've heard both the Magnaflow and Borla. The Magnaflow sounds better to me because I have one. The Borla is a good system but has a slight "tinnier" sound. Is that a word? Oh well, the Magnaflow is a little deeper in sound IMHO. The Borla is about twice the price of the Magnaflow.

Did you go with a muffler swap or a complete cat back system? I don't exactly have the money for a complete system right now.

Do you happen to have a part number for the muffler you have? And did you add an X pipe or anything like that?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if the LS's stock exhaust is Stainless Steel? I am also kicking the idea of exhaust system. Borla for me even though it pricey once you go with them you never turn back.

Black03 said:
Did you go with a muffler swap or a complete cat back system? I don't exactly have the money for a complete system right now.

Do you happen to have a part number for the muffler you have? And did you add an X pipe or anything like that?

Thanks.
go cat-back. All the kits are cat-back.

If you go to your local muffler shop - you can mix and match.
I went with new piping (larger), magnaflow x-pipe, flowmaster 40 mufflers, and magnaflow quad double edge rolled tips - all for $600 installed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back