Exhaust Tips (again, sorry)

02V8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive read all the posts on Exhaust tips and I want to get some that go through my rear valance like the LSE style. I know I have to cut the valance to do this, but I noticed some of you running custom 2.5 inch systems, say you have dual Magnaflow tips coming out of the back. I was on Magnaflows site and all I can find are 2.25 inch dual tips. Are there any other places I can find them? I found these made by Hooker (not "a" Hooker, haha) They are 2.5 inches but dont have the rolled edge that I would like. Any other places I can look? Thanks!

hok-22303_w.jpg

Those look very good. They look very similar to the tips I offer with the LSE body kits.

GrayGhost1 said:
Those look very good. They look very similar to the tips I offer with the LSE body kits.

Indeed they do:
LincolnLS_6_17_05007.jpg

GrayGhost1 said:

Ken are your tips weld on or clamp on? Whats the ID on those? 2.25" or 2.5"?

I have a 2.5" system.

Anyone have any recomendations on exhaust tips for the factory exhaust on my '02 LS? I have the MagnaFlow performance exhaust on my other LS but I'm not ready to drop that kind of cash on the '02.

KenRosier said:
Anyone have any recomendations on exhaust tips for the factory exhaust on my '02 LS? I have the MagnaFlow performance exhaust on my other LS but I'm not ready to drop that kind of cash on the '02.

I would say, get a sawzall to cut the bend off on the stock tips, cut openings in the rear valance like I did, and have the tips go through the rear valance. Took me an hour to do both sides. I have a custom exhaust but should be the same procedure for the stock setup.

Ken, did you do the magnaflow on the 05 LS? How did you handle the tips w/the cutout bumpers? did everything fit ok? did you notice any performace increase? others have stated the 03+ models had a pretty good system to begin with . thanks.

I had a local shop do the install on the '05 and from what I remember they had to modify the bumber exit somewhat and finished it with welded tips. For the '02 I would like to just go with tips at this point and eventually install the Magnaflow. Any recomentations?

ken did you notice any performance improvement?

02V8Sport said:
Ken are your tips weld on or clamp on? Whats the ID on those? 2.25" or 2.5"?

I have a 2.5" system.
The tips I bought were welded on. The muffler shop made the inlet diameter bigger buy putting into a pipe stretcher. The exhaust tip just slide over the top of the muffler tip and then they welded it on.

Hello everyone, i've been rebuilding a power plant in West V and haven't got a chance to check in and see how everyone is doing. Hows the porject with Quik going? Hopefully something productive is coming from it, i can't wait to SC my baby girl. Regardless,

I was actually going to ask something about those exhaust tips you offer Ken. Who ever posted this thread about these tips at the top of the page,sorry if it's too late but don't get them they rust very easily. How do those rectangular ones hold up? I like the quad tip ones i have but they look like all sorts of hell now. Kinda makes me sad i spent so much on them. Ahh well S happens i guess. I got them from e-bay with some rugs i can't remember if i got them from you or not Ken was awhile ago. 21 years old and my memory is shot already. Anyways, christmas vacation check is coming in about a month and im doing an overhaul. Ill post some pics of before and after if i can ever figure out how to do it.

Stay safe guys ill be gone another month or so then hopefully i can get back to the tinkering with the car ive come to love so much.

question about the Magnaflow exhaust. Is there enough room to take a Wafer wheel to the end of the tips and weld on those rectangular exhaust tips or do the ones on the magnaflow come off and can be replaced with others or?

chrome tips

I like the tips you have on your car. I wan't to change mine from the stock. Can I just hack saw the old ones and slide on the new one's and bolt them on? Also will I need to cut a big chunk out of the lower black valance, or notch them out?

Heres mine.. sorry for the quality.. my tips are the same as the ones pictured above. The last owner trimmed off a piece from the stock real valance and welded them on. *one more thing the tips are chrome just that in the pic they are very dirty.

pic116.JPG

About the Tips, is there a mod for this? Can I go to a parts store and do this myself or go to carx and have this done?

My rear valance is cut within 1/4" of the rear bumper(4" tips). I used masking tape to cover the rear valance. Marked the center line of the exhaust on the masking tape. Used a compass to mark the top half of a circle on the masking tape for the cut-out. Make sure the circle was a 1/2" bigger than the exhaust tip I was using (1/4" clearance on each side of the tip). Then free-handed the 2 straight lines down to the bottom of the valance. Cut it out with a dremel. Cleaned it up with a sandpaper role. Had a muffler shop weld the tips on for $30.00.

Members online

No members online now.
Back