Exhaust system

Bad69Cad

LVC Member
Reaction score
just wondering what type of exhaust system everyone is using. im looking at changing mine and would like some suggestions

Bad69Cad said:
just wondering what type of exhaust system everyone is using. im looking at changing mine and would like some suggestions

Most people just use the stalk exhaust system with aftermarket mufflers. Corsa is the only company that specifically makes a complete, non-custom exhaust replacement system, I believe.

thnx for suggestions

sorry for not being more specific but i have a 69 coupe and am looking at redoing exhaust from headers back i was just wondering what diffrent mufflers everyone was using i was lookin for somethin with a rumble

Three-chamber Flowmasters (50 series) are in the works. Already have the dual exhaust with OEM style mufflers, still sounds evil, but not meanacing... :D

I have DynoMax Superturbos. Love them, I'd enjoy going a bit louder though, but I need something with a real throaty, muscly sound.

K2K said:
I have DynoMax Superturbos. Love them, I'd enjoy going a bit louder though, but I need something with a real throaty, muscly sound.

i want to upgrade my deville concours some but i want a sound that is not to loud to keep that cadillac "nice-ness" but to up its go, also a new air filter but im not shure what to get

The DynoMax are fairly quiet in retrospect, but hint towards the true power of the N*. I wouldn't get a new air filter, there are studies that say that it's really not an advantage to get a K&N, just a better drop in would be better, but don't expect a major performance upgrade at all.

I have custom 2-1/2" duals w/3-chamber FlowMasters. Sounds great! A nice mellow rumble right up until you floor it, THEN she opens up the internal restrictors and she ROARS! Dave's heard my car so he can tell you how it sounds (maybe that's why he's suggesting the same mufflers).

Turbo mufflers are a great option. They manage to keep the vehicle quite quiet at idle, but roar to life when you lay into the throttle. They are also inexpensive! They can be had from Summit for ~$15, or any local parts store. I just got two from AutoZone for $16.99 each!

Members online

No members online now.
Back