Exhaust question....

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got my exhaust done and it doesn't sound as loud as I want it. The guy took off the resinator so I figured that would be good enough but it wasn't. So is there a pre and post cat on the Mark VIII's? Cause if so one of them is going to be leaving ASAP so I can get this exhaust rumbling.

If you want loud, get a pair of Flowmasters or Edelbrock RPM's...

Quote from: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=9972

"Long time no see guys. I just moved in with my gf and our condo doesn't have an internet connection so its been about 2+ weeks since I've been on here. But I just got my exhaust done yesterday and I'm happy with how it sounds. I went to my buddies shop but he looked under the car and said that I couldn't do a dual exhaust on my Mark VIII so I had to bring in the brains and I made a call to Geno and I showed the guy a picture of a properly done Geno exhaust and the guy was like ummm.....thats a work of art and we can't do anything like that followed by him looking at the picture for about 5 minutes and keep on saying, "damn". So all I did was have him take out the resinator and throw on some Flowmasters and it sounds nice. Yeah I know it won't make any performance difference but at this point I just wanted a nice sounding exhaust and thats what I got. And I just got to LBI in NJ about 2 hours ago and my baby just grew another number on the odometer and she turned 100,000 miles old. But overall she's running great and we've been smoking some unsuspecting cars except for that GTO lastnight but that was fun. Well I should be getting the cable modem in the mail sometime this week so hopefully I will be on more."

You won't get any performance diiference just by different mufflers, just different sound... Now if you get the WHOLE exhaust redone with 2.5" pipe, mufflers may make a 2-3 hp difference...

Lot's of reason's, in your post you're saying you're not happy with your system. However, you don't even give the details of what you have. You've got Evially telling you to throw on a pair of Flows, because you didn't state that you already had them. Then CobraConti asked what mufflers you used. So I just quoted your post because I read it the other day, and figured it would help others out who may not have telepathic powers to know what your exhaust system is made up of.

As for the cat's, didn't you look under the car when you were getting the exhaust done? You have two primary cats, then one post cat. Most people run just the two primaries, then 2.5" pipe all the way back, maybe with an x-pipe or two mid sytem. Here is an example using flows...
Even Vid clips at the bottom...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/840422/3

Members online

No members online now.
Back