exhaust question "no mufflers?"

CobraConti

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have though about just taking out the rear mufflers and replacing them with a straight pipe and maybe some 3" tips to go along with it. Anybody done this? I was wondering how loud it would be.

I've heard good results from someone using one Magnaflow muffler and one stock muffler. I know 3" tips on a Mark VII are louder, could be the same for the Continental. I'd just use 2.25" or 2.5" brushed stainless pipe or the original tips for a stealthy look.

I have 40 series flowmasters on my 97, with the stock tips. Nice sound, but still very quiet. No droning, hardly noticable on the highway. You can hear the difference at start up and when you get on it. If I were to do it over again, i'd go w/something a little louder. Straight pipes would prob. sound great. Everyone's preference will be different though.

Short answer - LOUD.

I have custom exhaust with cats and mufflers on my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII - and I can barely stand it when driving around town. I cant imagine it would be fun on a Lincoln Continental to make all that noise.

Members online

Back