Exhaust Pressure

dneace0012

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with a gen 2 V6 noticed that the pressure coming from the tailpipes is uneven? My LH has more pressure than the RH side. I have removed the entire exhaust looking for obstructions and found the cats were trashed, but after emptying them, it's still the same. I find this very odd considering both sides are independent and have no crossover anywhere unlike the V8. :confused:

fr_113_size1024.jpg

fr_113_size1024.jpg

I figured it was for structural integrity. I should have known. Would it cause a huge difference in the amount coming out of one pipe? If so, is that considered normal or could it be clogged? Huge difference.

I would suspect that some of the material from the damaged catalytic converters made it down into the resonator and/or muffler and is being an obstruction.

resonators are clear. ran something through those. Drivers side muffler makes ping when you shake it but that's the side it's coming out of harder! Strange.

I was going to say the clog is probably post h pipe, or it wouldn't run very well. If it is post h pipe then the back pressure will go through the h pipe and out the clear side. I don't know what would clog a muffler that much, though I don't know what the inside of a stock one is like. Maybe a rat made a nest in there or something?

have any of your friends gotten a really good deal on potatoes recently?

lol. The crazy part is, I took that off and blew compressed air through it. When it is off, it does the opposite of when it is on. The passenger side has more air coming out. Totally confused. Any way to get in there short of cutting it off? The tail pipe portion of the muffler is clear. I can see that far. The car runs great. Just a little disturbing at the lack of exhaust coming out. It is virtually non-existent on the passenger side, not much better on drivers side.

Members online

No members online now.
Back