exhaust noise

lking

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i hear a rattling noise its a faint noise not too loud coming from the front end of the car when accelerating between 2500-3000rpm i'm 99% sure its the exhaust(dual exhaust 04 LS) because i only hear this noise when accelerating at high rpm i checked out the exhaust and heat shields nothings loose everything looks fine cars only got 65000 kms so its in mint condition i started to hear this rattling noise after i floored the car about a month ago anyone got any idea what could be causing this noise?

could it be possible that the inside of the catillac converter is rusted and is now making a noise has this ever happened before?

Do you have any mods that opened up the motor? You running 93 octane? Sounds like it could be spark knocking/pinging.

i always run premium gas NO mods a spark plug?....wouldnt that cause a rough idle the car idles so smooth u cant tell if its on or off (knock on wood)

if it is i gotta find out which one :mad: i cant put it on a jack and listen to it the car doesnt rev over 2000 in park :mad:

What I would do is just try and rattle them and see if you hear anything

Check the straps welded between the pipes before and after the resonators ESPECIALLY if you've ever bottomed out. I think that's what caused mine to break. I posted pics toward the end of the linked thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back