Exhaust mod, mid-body muff

dnsherrill

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
for the Ivory car, thinking about getting the factory exhaust modded to 2.5" true duals; the brown car has an un-muffled x-pipe at mid-body then 2 MF muffs at the bumprer, it sounds great; for the ivory car (which sits lower) I'm thinking of doing a muffled x-pipe at mid body then go straight to tips at the tail(s), iirc Don Pfau did it that way....will a 24" overall length fit? something like this
---
full boar.jpg
-----
here's the brown one, before the x-pipe was put in (sounded awful with no H or x-over)
dual brown one.jpg

full boar.jpg

dual brown one.jpg

what size/model MF 2 in 2 out muff is that? I/m paying a shop to provide the tubes and do the remove/replace. I just have to provide the right muffler/tips

will the setup I describe be obnoxiously loud in the cabin? (no muffs at the rear bumper, just the x muff at mid body)

100_1825 A.jpg

This is for 3", but they design and construction is the same. I also have a pair of the race mufflers at the rear. Drone is not a problem and car maintains a quiet level until you mash the motor. Go with the dual in and out it helps reducing drone, but you may want to add some muffler at the rear for noise.

100_1825 A.jpg

I have a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler in place of the 3rd cat\resinator and no downstream mufflers, and it idles barely louder than stock, and has a deep low tone during acceleration. It actually isnt very loud.

this past year i put headers on and deleted the cats, and it is VERY loud now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back