Exhaust ideas

Zuhlsdorf

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm kinda new to the site, I own a 1990 MarkVI Bill Blass and the first thing I want to do with it is exhaust. I pretty much have what I want picked out already like 2.5 inch pipes w/o cats and an x-pipe and 22 x 3.5 inch tips. The only thing I cant decide on is the mufflers. I want a really deep tone yet I want it to be really loud when I step on it. I was thinking about , borla, dynaflow, flowtech,and SLP. So any input would help, thanx.

:wrench

Its all really personal prefrence on how you want your car to sound. we can only give you our opinions on what we think of other setups. But I have Mac Shorty Headers, 2.5 Offroad H-pipe (means no cats), 2.5inch exhaust w/flowmaster 40s. It sounds very nice. With an x-pipe the exhaust tone sounds very different.

I have the same thing as Mike, except mine has 3.5 tips at the end. It's loud as a mother :q:q:q:qer and attracts attention way too much. I would personally recommend Magnaflows with that X pipe. I've heard it on a Mark and it sounds very different

How well does mustang pipes fit in a Mark 7? As in the x-pipe section cuz I was looking at mine today and the pipes look decently big, except the tails, and they fit well Ill go ahead and buy it. I know I have to extend the tails, is there any thing else I have to modify?

Personal preference is exactly right, as NYC LSC says.

I have 2 1/2" all the way back with Flowmaster 40's and I like it.
It sounds very nice when I stomp the gas.

As for the Stock Mark H-pipe vs. 'Stang H-pipe... it's different as of 1986.
After 1986, the Mark VII has a different length H-pipe than the stang. Don't know why they did that... :Bang
I posted a pic to show you what the difference is. ('Stang H-pipe is on the right) If you're having custom exhaust made after the H-pipe, then it won't matter. Personally, I'm going with all stock 'Stang hardware to minimize future complications.

I'm an audio producer for a living, so I'll post some quality audio clips of my own car with the 2 1/2" pipes and Flowmaster 40's in the next few days. I think you'll like the sound.
I have an extra set of new 40's, in the box, that I'll be putting up on ebay. If you're interested let me know.

Hope this helps you decide... :Beer

Cheers,

85 vs 91 Mk7 HPipe.jpg

a little help..

hey, do you have any part numbers for the headers and exhaust parts.. also, has anyone done the headers and or exhaust work themselves? i figure i can attempt part of it myself

Id like to here that clip, Ill think about those mufflers cuz I'm looking for some right now. Ill probably leave the cat section alone for now and build the muffler back till I get some more ideas.

metz82 said:
hey, do you have any part numbers for the headers and exhaust parts.. also, has anyone done the headers and or exhaust work themselves? i figure i can attempt part of it myself

It's can very tricky work if you have no help. There are times when you have to hold and push the H-Pipe into place. Then aligning the headers and getting the bolts in can really piss a fella off sometimes...lol. :Bang
Aside from doing headers and h-pipe, take the car to a pro for the cat-back welding.
Don't try to use clamps and sh*t... uGh!

I'm posting a clip in a new thread...

Members online

No members online now.
Back