Exhaust change coming

NickT88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am changing the muffler in my car again. I lost count I think this will be setup # 5 or 6. I am like a test dummy for LS exhaust.

Anyway, while poking around I see Borla makes a dual in/out muffler and I order it. Maybe this weekend will get it in. From what I can tell by the very few clips I can find it will quite my car down some. I am not worried because most likely will install high flow cats or just remove cats, so the sound level will come back. We shall see. It will be the Borla dual in/out muffler in center of car (has built in X) and no rear mufflers

Borla muffler.jpg

Borla muffler.jpg

should sound amazing!

I've always loved Borla and mid muffler cars are some of the best sounds out there.

I really like how your dual in/out magnaflow setup sounded, the one you got a ticket with. Anxiously waiting to hear this one.

I really like how your dual in/out magnaflow setup sounded, the one you got a ticket with. Anxiously waiting to hear this one.

Its in,

and I think most of you will like it if you liked the magnaflow muffler. Similar sound, a little lower in the DB's but not much, a little more deeper/exotic sound, and I don't hear as much rasp but we will see tomorrow what the cell phone mic thinks about that :). I did get the muffler up higher for more ground clearance since the magnaflow was getting impacted sometimes when going over steep inclines, so the heat shields had to be bent a little also not to get any rattles.

Pretty good options for anyone still thinking about changing exhaust. Amazon was the cheapest I found at $129.95. Pretty reasonable for a borla muffler.

Will get sound clips up tomorrow
and maybe pics so we know it happened :)

Definitely gonna need pics. I can see myself trying out a dual in/out muffler like this.

One more sleep until sound clip ... Yea! :wrench

smiley-score010.gif
Nice! bit on the loud side but mean as ...

Sounds great. I wish I could hear it in person

Members online

No members online now.
Back