exhaust alternatives

L

LincsFNRok

i have a '96 w/ the y-pipe..anybody have a sound clip of that setup with straight pipes through the mufflers? i was considering that, thinking it would be a cheap way to get some noise outta the car, but idk about drone, like my t-bird has hella drone with a similar setup...or is it just better to spend some hardcore cash and buy mufflers and whatnot...btw im a broke-ass college student

mespock said:
I put a 1 in 2 out magnflow where the resenator was and then pipes to the rear. A set of nice tips from LMS and I have a great sounding Mark VIII.

$300 for pipes and magnaflow muffler. $45 for tips.

Video Clip without LMS Tips
Your car is too quiet. My friend chopped the rear mufflers off his 95 bird and it sounds ok...... You should take the resonator out along with the rear mufflers. Make that beeotch rumble. BTW, replacing the rear mufflers would be a mistake, as it would be too quiet.

mespock said:
I put a 1 in 2 out magnflow where the resenator was and then pipes to the rear. A set of nice tips from LMS and I have a great sounding Mark VIII.

$300 for pipes and magnaflow muffler. $45 for tips.

Video Clip without LMS Tips

how big is that magnflow ? I can get the movie to start.

I took my wifes car back to babes mufflers cuz they put strait mufflers on it ....
my kid was like hay I can't hear :q:q:q:q your sayin.
they put turbos or something to get rid of the drone. I was willing to pay for the new mufflers but , no they were free
I got a new 3'd cat with 2 in 2 out were the resenator was.

I like my stock set up in mine .... I may but 2 pipes and keep the stock mufflers.

buddylee said:
how big is that magnflow ? I can get the movie to start.

[\quote]

I don't know why it will not play for you. I've had problems with that site.

Here is the Muffler I put on.

12158.jpg

OK Rich you convinced me , i am not going to go with flowmasters, but will instead go with Magnaflow providing i can get a good deal.

I've got straight pipes with removed resonator on my 94. Don't do it if you do not want drone! Sometimes I'd like to shoot myself, mainly at 2000 RPM's pulling away from stoplights. LOL

pepperman said:
OK Rich you convinced me , i am not going to go with flowmasters, but will instead go with Magnaflow providing i can get a good deal.

I got mine from AJ-USA Free shipping!

Search Magnaflow for the one you want then go to AJ and put in the part number from Magnaflow.

There may be cheaper places to get mufflers but at the time this was the best deal I found.

Glad to hear you're making a Mature choice. Flowmasters are nice but they are in my opinion for Mustangs... and even if I had a mustang I'd go with the Magnaflow. Listen to the Magnflows Here

PioneerCrazed said:
I've got straight pipes with removed resonator on my 94. Don't do it if you do not want drone! Sometimes I'd like to shoot myself, mainly at 2000 RPM's pulling away from stoplights. LOL

I really love the sound that I'm getting. Just enough to get you a little excited but not too much to wake the neighbors.

Love the sound when I get down on her though. She does know how to sing the way I like her.

How's drone on your system Rich? If it wasn't for that I would love my setup. I'm thinking of going with the Dynomax bullet mufflers here in the near future.

It depends on what you like. Do I hear her inside when I get going, Yes, but once it's moving you can't hear it. There is a nice deep throat (don't get excited Pepps) sound from the exhaust but nothing obnoxious (it doesn't sound like a truck). If I'm driving through the neighborhood it's not going to make people turn and look. But if someone who appreciates cars listens to it as it goes by it gets their respect. I love it and don't feel I made a mistake with my setup. The only thing I would have changed is who I had do the system. Another friend of mine in town would have been able to do it using 2.5" pipes like I wanted. The friend who did do my system used 2.25" pipe as it was easier to make the bend. Also the other guy would have knocked off the 3rd cat which may have made the system louder. Then I would have used the 2 in 2 out Magnaflow.

But to really explain how I think it sounds is mature.

Whats there not to get excited about a true dual exhaust system on my Town Car with a nice deep throat sound to it. Oh you mean the other deep throat LOL

LincsFNRok said:
i have a '96 w/ the y-pipe..anybody have a sound clip of that setup with straight pipes through the mufflers? i was considering that, thinking it would be a cheap way to get some noise outta the car, but idk about drone, like my t-bird has hella drone with a similar setup...or is it just better to spend some hardcore cash and buy mufflers and whatnot...btw im a broke-ass college student

Go with the magnaflow below it has a very good sound. I removed the third cat & resonator from my 95. The sound improved but is still on the quiet side. Either Dynomax ultra's or the Magna flow will bring the sound to a slight grow without the drone. Avoid round mufflers, they drone the most. The advantage to the magna flow is you can use one pipe from the third cat, if you keep it, or a "Y" if you remove it & run a 2-1/2" to the muffler & on back to the rear bumper.(or you could run two pipes back from the front cats & do a dual X Magnaflow which would sound beautiful) No Drone at speed either way. Personally I done bother with tips, I enjoy the car without the extra glitter & it's less expensive. Ed :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back