Exchange Body Parts

Kaos

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Ls Owners,
I have a 2001 Ls and wanted to change the f/r bumpers to a 2004 Ls f/R bumpers.Do anybody know if that can be done? Or is there any modifications need to be done? Any information would be greatly appeciated.Thanks.

Hey Ls Owners,
I have a 2001 Ls and wanted to change the f/r bumpers to a 2004 Ls f/R bumpers.Do anybody know if that can be done? Or is there any modifications need to be done? Any information would be greatly appeciated.Thanks.

Short answer is yes. There are additional parts required to hide a gap, IIRC.

Front bumper:

Header panel to remount headlights in correct position, recommended to get Gen 2 headlights as well.

Rear bumper... You'll need the Gen 2 trunklid too because the indentation for the license plate surround is a different shape.

And throw in new exhaust tips because your turndowns will look awful sitting in the bumper cutouts

Rear bumper... You'll need the Gen 2 trunklid too because the indentation for the license plate surround is a different shape.

man I always forget all about that one!

talk about a pain in the ass, at least you would also get to convert to 2nd gen tail lights!

I'm pretty sure most people say forget it in the back and just do the front bumper and then just create cut out for rear exiting exhaust.

OP: interesting why an 04 bumper and not an 06 bumper?

Members online

No members online now.
Back