ever race one?

95Marklll(Kingcobra)

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Have any of you ever race a oldsmobile aurora? I just found out there was a optional 8, Whats was it a N*? Tell me if u have cause they look like there in are class of sport luxuries, whats your exsperience?

close.. 4.0L
Shortstar..DOHC 4.0 V8..
all of the first gen Aurora's are 8's, 2nd gen's had the option of a V6 or V8..
dont know anything about performance though

The shortstar is a 3.5L dohc V6 (LX5) based on the architecture of the Northstar V8. It's 2 cylinders shorter, hence the nickname shortstar, it was used in 2nd gen Auroras and available in Intrigues. The Aurora motor (L47) is a 4.0 V8; the major difference from the 4.6 Northstars being a reduction in bore size, with some weight reduction as well.

Either way the 4.0 Aurora should put up a good fight against a Mark VIII. I've raced one once in my 95 ETC, pulled it by about 2 carlengths by 80. In comparison I pulled around 3/4 to 1 car length on a Mark VIII belonging to my friend, and 1 on my own Mark VIII with me driving the VIII and a friend driving the ETC.

yes...the early ones were all 8's yes....225hp i think. I raced one, and spanked his hiney.

Some factory times for ya.
1995 Oldsmobile Aurora, 0-60 in 8.2 sec, 1/4 mile in 16.3 sec
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC, 0-60 in 7.0 sec, 1/4 mile in 15.3 sec

I own a Eldo and I doubt a Aurora could put up a fight with a MarkLSC.

250hp in the 4.0 gen 1's

the car was heavy too,so any mark viii can take it.

but a nice car for olds nonetheless

my friend has one, i beat him a few times in a row. im ahead about 2 car lengths when i hit second

95Marklll(Kingcobra) said:
Have any of you ever race a oldsmobile aurora? I just found out there was a optional 8, Whats was it a N*? Tell me if u have cause they look like there in are class of sport luxuries, whats your exsperience?

You should do just fine against a v8 aurora in a Mark

I knew I could take one just wondering what they had a post right above me supercharged Riviera? Both pretty nice cars from the general.

3800 Series 2 supercharged (L67) Rivieras are slightly quicker than the Auroras. Similar power levels but nearly 300lbs lighter.

LOL those supercharged riviera's are slow as :q:q:q:q I have driven one a couple times they are no comparison to the mark they shouldn't even be in the same class....

We have a few of each in town... Plus some supercharged Grand Pricks and Bonnivilles. They are all hiped on the fact that they are super charged!! Always showing them off... All bone stock nothing else.

Members online

Back