Euro Shocks

SMW2001LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have them on their LS? I have an 01 LS Sport V-6 M5. Need to replace the shocks. Have 85,000 on the originals. I assume the original equipment were the sport. Did the Euro's come standard on any model LS? I've seen some second hand posts indicating the ride is harsh. Anyone with firsthand experience?

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:
many LLSOCers have switched to euros - and they are harsher - but not quite as bad as M-series harsh. I have not been in an LS with euros....

I run InTrak lowering springs with Howe spring rubbers - harsh doesn't begin to describe it.... so me and my bruised kidneys may not the best at describing harshness......

Quik, I want to see your sweet LS. Just remember, you only need one kidney, 2 is just icing on the cake.

cool - since I'm Canadian - they removed my Liver upon birth (drinking to keep warm... playing hockey sober is illegal - federal crime), now that I know I have an extra kidney - I do not have to hold off 'binging'......

Euro's with SpringTech springs. I thought the ride was harsh until I put on Monroe SensaTrac's. The ride with the Monroe's was fine for about 5K miles. Then the ride went to snot. Thay were pretty well wore out. I switched back to the euro's and the ride is much better. Controlled, but not really harsh. I'm very happy with the ride now. Initially, I put the SpringTech's on 40K mile euro shocks. I didn't know it, but the shocks were pretty well worn out then. When I did the springs, I should have done the shocks as well.

The euro's never came stock on an LS.

I wasn't planning on replacing springs at this point. Will the Euro's be a bad combination with old stock springs?

If the Euros didn't come stock on any model LS, what were they developed for?

Thanks

What comes on the LS from the factory? I have an '00 V8 Sport. What is a ball park price to buy some new shocks and have them installed?

SMW2001LS said:
If the Euros didn't come stock on any model LS, what were they developed for? Thanks

When the LS was targeted for European sales - they were only goning to sell the Sport version and with the upgraded euro shocks in it.

So for improved performance, over stock, you loose ride comfort? What would the cost be to have buy new shocks and them installed?

Mine came from the factory with euro shocks. I think it was part of an upgrade that you where able to get for a few extra bucks.

01lssport said:
Mine came from the factory with euro shocks. I think it was part of an upgrade that you where able to get for a few extra bucks.

So, how is the ride? Do you have the 5 speed? Your car looks just like mine. Are you sure about your shocks?

Thanks

LS4me said:
Euro's with SpringTech springs. I thought the ride was harsh until I put on Monroe SensaTrac's. The ride with the Monroe's was fine for about 5K miles. Then the ride went to snot. Thay were pretty well wore out. I switched back to the euro's and the ride is much better. Controlled, but not really harsh. I'm very happy with the ride now. Initially, I put the SpringTech's on 40K mile euro shocks. I didn't know it, but the shocks were pretty well worn out then. When I did the springs, I should have done the shocks as well.

The euro's never came stock on an LS.
What happened to your ride when your shocks went "bad"? Mine is riding very rough but I always thought worn shocks made the ride floaty or bouncy but not harsh. Did your bad shocks make the ride very harsh?

beaups said:
What happened to your ride when your shocks went "bad"? Mine is riding very rough but I always thought worn shocks made the ride floaty or bouncy but not harsh. Did your bad shocks make the ride very harsh?

That's what I thought too. The ride became quite harsh. I thought it was the springs. It wasn't, it was totally worn out shocks. When I removed them, all had very little compression resistance, and the left front didn't extend after I compressed the piston.

Don't know how that happened. If you're talking the "premium" with the non-SST shifter, chrome on the bumper and basket weave seat inserts, then the shocks are sport shocks. It was basically a non-sport LS with the sport suspension. Lincoln didn't put the euro shocks on any domestic (or Canadian) LS. They are only in the inventory because the LS was supposed to be sold in Europe, like Quik said.

Any of the "Euro" shocks would have to be 2+ years on the shelf by now. Any idea if there is a shelf life for Shocks?

Don't know how that happened. If you're talking the "premium" with the non-SST shifter, chrome on the bumper and basket weave seat inserts, then the shocks are sport shocks. It was basically a non-sport LS with the sport suspension. Lincoln didn't put the euro shocks on any domestic (or Canadian) LS. They are only in the inventory because the LS was supposed to be sold in Europe, like Quik said.[/QUOTE]

Well here's a copy of the window sticker that says it came with euro shocks.
The car is a sport with SST.

SPORT OPTIONS.jpg

01lssport said:
Don't know how that happened. If you're talking the "premium" with the non-SST shifter, chrome on the bumper and basket weave seat inserts, then the shocks are sport shocks. It was basically a non-sport LS with the sport suspension. Lincoln didn't put the euro shocks on any domestic (or Canadian) LS. They are only in the inventory because the LS was supposed to be sold in Europe, like Quik said.

Well here's a copy of the window sticker that says it came with euro shocks.
The car is a sport with SST.[/QUOTE]

Back to my question, How is the ride with the Euro's? Can you compare to the sport or base shocks?

Thanks

Steve

Back to my question, How is the ride with the Euro's? Can you compare to the sport or base shocks?

Thanks

Steve[/QUOTE]

I think that the ride is firm. I don't have anything to compare it to but my previous rides. You probably don't want them if you don't want to be shaken up over bumps. Wouldn't be a good choice if the roads are crappy. You really feel the road.

Members online

No members online now.
Back