Etc or the throttle sensor

DomSouth

LVC Member
Reaction score
Something was messed up with the sensor on the left side of Throttle body. What is it called? I went to the junk yard and didn't find anything but a sensor from a Ford explorer so now I hooked it up and still in etc failmode goes but I can pump the pedal and still no acceleration how do I fix this problem

Connected to the throttle body? Or the air intake pipe which connects to the air filter? Mass air flow sensor?

Again, it really helps if you say what car you are posting about. I am going to assume this is the 2003 V6 you talked about before, since only the 2nd gen has ETC. It'd also be good to keep all the info about this problem in one thread.

Are you using the correct left and right? Right is towards the passenger side, and left the driver's. Always give sides as if you are sitting in the driver's seat. It's less confusing that way.

On the left side of the throttle body is the motor assembly that controls the throttle position. It is large compared to the TPS (throttle position sensor) on the right side of the throttle body.

Please note that this is a somewhat complicated system. You really need to post the exact five character OBDII code(s) that you are getting. You could be looking in the entirely wrong place for this problem.

It could be one of the three pedal position sensors, the TPS, the throttle motor/servo assembly, wiring, the PCM, bad COPs, or even the ABS module (least likely with your symptoms, though).

And a part from a explorer is probably not going to work on a Lincoln Ls. take a picture of this part you are saying is messed up and post it so we can see what you are talking about

And a part from a explorer is probably not going to work on a Lincoln Ls. take a picture of this part you are saying is messed up and post it so we can see what you are talking about

The TPS for the gen II LS is 3L5Z-9B989-AA. This same part is used on a whole bunch of years of different Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles, including the Explorers.

It's this part

15216506002641484411220.jpg

Lincoln LS is not enough of a description. Why are you opposed to posting the year and engine? From the picture that is a gen II V8 (with evidence of coolant leaks, past or present), but if you actually want help, please confirm that and state the year. Why make anyone work so hard to help you?

The picture is of the TPS. Why do you believe the TPS is the problem?
What do you mean by "feedloop?"
What year is this LS?
What are the exact symptoms?
What are the OBDII codes (exact codes with all five characters)?

Members online

Back