estimated top speed?

bmiller04107

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I own a 2001 lincoln continental with all the usual mods, intake silencer removal & opened up to about 4 inches, k&n filter, synthetic oil, superchips tune+ top speed limiter "increased", 93 octane gas, radar detector, autolite regular sparkplugs with the ground electrode filed back, my current tires are M rated =112 mph, my question is how fast is my car likely to go tach'ed out with better tires?

i have reached 120 mph but the road started to run out.

coulda been lots of reasons... one would be 'insurance'... remember late 60's early 70's.... all the makers rated the HP of the cars way down from what they really were to help customers with insurance rates....

Not to mention, maybe the gauge face is common with another vehicle in the FOMOCO lineup??? therefore sharing parts makes each car's parts that much cheaper...

like mtb said insurance i believe has alot to do with it ,that and being touted as a luxury sedan.
also mtb while that face design is similar to others these are all conti as they were 3d and projected from the top of the dash onto a mirror type plate.if you look carefully the needle and the numbers are always visible.should be that way on all cars for good visuals of intruments.

Aristo.. having never seen the dash on a newer conti... I was only guessing at possible reasons for the speedo only ready 120. but I am sure a good portion of the reason to keep it listed at only 120 is of course the 'luxury sedan' and 'insurance' reasons.

hmm 3d effect on the instruments.... can I modify one to put into my 91:D

MichiganTeddyBear said:
Aristo.. having never seen the dash on a newer conti... I was only guessing at possible reasons for the speedo only ready 120. but I am sure a good portion of the reason to keep it listed at only 120 is of course the 'luxury sedan' and 'insurance' reasons.

hmm 3d effect on the instruments.... can I modify one to put into my 91:D

you need to drive one.but if you do you will be wanting one bad:D they are great cars if well upkept.my pref is the 96 diamond aniversary's.look at marks vid and pause it as the needle crosses a number you will see both very clearly also the way mark holds the camera you can clearly see the projector shining down.they are very intense and as you look at them the "dials"seem to float at seperate levels.3d effect:D

vbpgimage.php

here is the dash pic if you can't play the video.
Conti's are the best gauges i have seen on a car yet.

amen to that. when i get a mark viii, i think im gonna try to retrofit a conti gauge cluster into it. the mark's gauges are lame for such a nice car.

Members online

Back