Error P2107 & P2110 -

Barkaji

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I was on the road yesterday in 30 degree celius heat with a loaded Lincoln LS ...... coming into a town the car stumbled and the wrench light showed up .... having a code reader these 2 errors showed up ..... upon restarting the vehicle the wrench was gone and i was able to carry along my way ..... i still had 70km to go ..... the wrench hasn't showed up again .... my question is, should I be concerned about the vanishing error code? Is the system warning me that its going to fail? My thought is that the extreme heat caused this code.... any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thank-you

Barkaji

Those codes are not related to heat at all. Those are codes for a fault with the electronic throttle control. Most often, they are caused by EMI/RFI from marginal ignition coils. Coil #3* is the most frequent offender, but it can be any of them and very often a few to several of them become marginal at about the same time.
Your first step here should be to replace all six* coils and plugs at the same time, and be sure to use [new]Motorcraft coils.

*: I assume you have the V6, since it has the "wrench" light. If you had a V8 you would have reported an ETC failsafe message from the message center instead.

Those codes are not related to heat at all. Those are codes for a fault with the electronic throttle control. Most often, they are caused by EMI/RFI from marginal ignition coils. Coil #3* is the most frequent offender, but it can be any of them and very often a few to several of them become marginal at about the same time.
Your first step here should be to replace all six* coils and plugs at the same time, and be sure to use [new]Motorcraft coils.

*: I assume you have the V6, since it has the "wrench" light. If you had a V8 you would have reported an ETC failsafe message from the message center instead.
Thank-you for the prompt reply .... Yes I have the V6 .... so facing the car which is coil 3? Presently there are 3rd party coils in the car. Thanks again

You need to replace them all for sure. #3 is at the back of the engine on the passenger side. They are COPs (Coil On Plug), not coil packs.

You need to replace them all for sure. #3 is at the back of the engine on the passenger side. They are COPs (Coil On Plug), not coil packs.
Is there a special way to get the coil onto the sparkplug?

Members online

No members online now.
Back