Error Code p 0795

elpresidente

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am getting this code and my car is shifting into "E" gear. Scanner shows p0795 which is "pressure control solenoid "c"" According to other threads, it seems like the solenoid pack in the tranny is shorting or malfunctioning, however I want to know if anyone has had to deal with this yet? Whats the price range on this repair? Should I go to dealership or find a tranny shop at a good rate? Just looking for some advice, my LS is in good shape, well maintained, 110,000, warranty expired, mostly dealership services and repairs. Just looking for some advice, hopefully from someone who has had to deal with this, All replies helpful.

Thanks,

Jon

Very common issue on the LS. I think its a few hundred for the parts, but labor is gonna eat your wallet, unless its something you want to tackle yourself.

yeah thats pretty much what im expecting. Like I said, I know the part is like 250 but has anyone had to pay for the labor? thinkin around 300-400? I couldn't take this one on, it'd probably cost me more in the end. anyone know if driving on this issue could cause any severe damage than whats been done? I need to get back and forth to school until my tax return to fix this problem.

just an FYI for anyone who searched for this info like i did, you have to replace the entire solenoid pack, about $400, and the guys I went to just charged me for a service as labor, which the tranny needed anyway.

Members online

Back