error 1299 manfacurer fuel air metering????

601hotboy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the radiator and thermostat on 2000 ls v8. The car keeps running hot and we got this code.....

Just replaced the radiator and thermostat on 2000 ls v8. The car keeps running hot and we got this code.....

Someone has given you the wrong meaning for that code. The correct one is - Cylinder Head Over-temperature Protection Active

Did you follow the air bleed procedure to the letter?
Have you done a pressure test of the cooling system? (Unless you've replaced it, almost certainly your degas bottle is cracked.)

No, we didnt . I'm exhausted with the whole issue... Should have let a pro replace the radiator.

we used a handheld scanner and it gave us p1299 -manfacurer fuel air metering. I see that is incorrect now...

we used a handheld scanner and it gave us p1299 -manfacurer fuel air metering. I see that is incorrect now...

P1299 is one of those codes who's meaning is different depending on the car brand.

How did you come to the original diagnosis that it was the thermostat and radiator? could be you have a bad cooling fan actuator which causes over heating and can lead to other cooling system problems.

My radiator had cracked, front bumper was covered in coolant..last friday. After we replaced that , the car continued to run hot, so next we replaced the thermostat. It was bad also. The motor did run hot prior. Now it just says the engine is overheating but yet it is not hot.

My radiator had cracked, front bumper was covered in coolant..last friday. After we replaced that , the car continued to run hot, so next we replaced the thermostat. It was bad also. The motor did run hot prior. Now it just says the engine is overheating but yet it is not hot.

Did you ever go back and do the air bleed procedure by the book? If not, then you have hot spots on the heads due to trapped air, not a bad temperature sensor. You can have these hot spots even though the coolant and much of the engine is not hot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back