erratic blower motor

Jeffguy11

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
for the past few weeks my blower motor has been working only when i wants. Usually it goes on and off every few minutes as im driving. Nothing seems to effect what triggers it, it happens both while driving and at idle. Sometimes it wont do it for days, sometimes it just wont work for a few days then work fine. Any thoughts? sounds like some sort of short to me but im not sure.

if the above post doesnt help, it could be your "blower motor speed controller" basically an expensive blower resistor. mine would turn the fan on full speed when i switched the EATC off, along with the random on and off crap.

i had to replace my harness on mine, one connector was partially melter :eek: , and the wire insulation was rotting away and the wires were green/black, no copper color at all...... $18 for the harness at the dealer.

Yeah. Pretty much covered, but, be careful if you're spreading the prongs apart, mine broke because the heat made it so brittle, had to give Jamie an emergency call for a new motor. Just because I had a bad connection, and wasn't careful, I had to buy a new motor.

Members online

Back