Engine rebuild

SVT_Mark8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to rebuild my Mark VIII motor and looking to put 800-1000 horsepower down. I can find numerous different sites and variations for forged internals, but seeing as I am a college student, I would prefer for the build to be roughly cheap and still have quality in the build and components.

If anyone could provide some insight into what and where I could find the components I would greatly appreciate it!

it wont be cheap.
use the teksid or late model wap blocks.
you'll want an 8 bolt forged crank, diamond or similar pistons, and molnar or similar rods.
stay stock displacement and don't bore more than .020 in the liners.
i like king bearings, diamond will probably have input on their choice of rings.
use arp head studs and ford head gaskets.
be prepared to brace everything downstream of the engine.
what power adder are you going to use?

1000HP and cheap is an oxymoron sorry. If you are a college student and your dad is an Arab prince it will be ‘cheap’. If you want to build and the whole car to hold together its going to be 20-30k.

1000HP and cheap is an oxymoron sorry. If you are a college student and your dad is an Arab prince it will be ‘cheap’. If you want to build and the whole car to hold together its going to be 20-30k.
I meant on the engine rebuild portion. I already know that getting that much power is costly, more or less was looking for information regarding the initial motor rebuild. Some site has a setup for $2500, others have internals from $1000-1800.

it wont be cheap.
use the teksid or late model wap blocks.
you'll want an 8 bolt forged crank, diamond or similar pistons, and molnar or similar rods.
stay stock displacement and don't bore more than .020 in the liners.
i like king bearings, diamond will probably have input on their choice of rings.
use arp head studs and ford head gaskets.
be prepared to brace everything downstream of the engine.
what power adder are you going to use?
More than likely it will, eventually, be a twin turbo setup. Key thing will be properly positioning the turbos underneath/behind the engine. I have not even looked into what a custom turbo setup would cost, nor do I have the cash at this exact moment. That will be for down the line, maybe upset a girlfriend by purchasing car parts instead of what she would want.

Just want to get the engine ready to go for when the time comes to get all the rest of the work done. Frame, trans, rear, brakes, suspension, fuel system will all be done before the turbos are installed, that way there shouldn't be any headaches.

Thanks for the information!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back