Engine problems need help!!!

Twiin2000

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My engine last night I was cruising down the expressway at about 80mph On my way! Home one exit before mine my oil light came on out of nowhere then as soon as I looked at my temperature it was going up slowly from halfway and car just like died out I threw it in neutral and tried to turn it on to at least try to get it off exit but when I went to turn it back on the car just didn’t even turn over at all just clicked I called someone to pull the car back to the house was looking at it today the crankshaft is locked up and there’s very lil oil in it waters still full I lifted the car and can’t see anywhere the oil came out from at all the Lincoln Ls v8 only has 111000k miles need any input would help I’m not a car person just trying to figure out my next move

Your next move is a new (used) engine or a new (or used) car.
Sorry.

It was probably already too late, but in general if you get an oil light, lift your foot off the gas pedal right then, coast to the side of the road and shut it down. That is your only chance, and not a really good one at that.
When was the last time you checked the oil level?

That’s what it’s looking like my mechanic took off all my spark plugs and coil packs to see if the engine was hydro locked that wasn’t the case is there any compatible engine swaps I can do to get more performance out of it do you know or should I go find another 3.9 and throw it in there

With enough time and money, almost anything can be done. If you want everything to work, then replace it with another 3.9 from the same generation.

So when was the last time you checked the oil?
I changed oil about 2k miles ago last time I checked it was Saturday when I changed one coil pack and spark plug because I was getting hesitation and spudder When I was around 50 and say tried to accelerate and the code came up misfire in 7th cyclinder I changed it it ran like a champ and after I changed it on Saturday I checked oil it and then mon morning it happened when I was a mile away from my exit on the way home around 4am

I changed oil about 2k miles ago last time I checked it was Saturday when I changed one coil pack and spark plug because I was getting hesitation and spudder When I was around 50 and say tried to accelerate and the code came up misfire in 7th cyclinder I changed it it ran like a champ and after I changed it on Saturday I checked oil it and then mon morning it happened when I was a mile away from my exit on the way home around 4am
The oil was still full

With enough time and money, almost anything can be done. If you want everything to work, then replace it with another 3.9 from the same generation.
What’s the reasoning for putting the same generation in there and not a gen 2 what’s the difference

What’s the reasoning for putting the same generation in there and not a gen 2 what’s the difference

Because the gen II engine is very different. It has variable valve timing and electronic throttle, just as two examples of the several changes. Your gen I PCM will not know how to run a gen II engine. Swap in a gen II PCM, and it won't know how to control your gen I transmission, nor would it be able to talk to any other module in the car, ABS, instrument cluster, climate control, ...
There are over 500 differences between the gen I and the gen II.

You need to make up your mind. Can't be both. :rolleyes:
The oil was full a day and a half before it happen and had barely any on dip stick after happened there’s no oil on engine or under car at all car wasn’t smoking at all water still full no oil in water or vice versa engine is locked

Because the gen II engine is very different. It has variable valve timing and electronic throttle, just as two examples of the several changes. Your gen I PCM will not know how to run a gen II engine. Swap in a gen II PCM, and it won't know how to control your gen I transmission, nor would it be able to talk to any other module in the car, ABS, instrument cluster, climate control, ...
There are over 500 differences between the gen I and the gen II.
Wat if I drop a 4.6 in it same thing I’m guessing

Wat if I drop a 4.6 in it same thing I’m guessing

Ford tried and failed, but perhaps you will succeed. You will have to design some new electronic modules, or at least a translator module. You'll also have to solve the cooling system problems that they couldn't.

The oil was full a day and a half before it happen and had barely any on dip stick after happened there’s no oil on engine or under car at all car wasn’t smoking at all water still full no oil in water or vice versa engine is locked

Are you proposing that someone beamed the oil out while you were driving that day, or some other form of magic? Burning it in a day and a half would have left quite a cloud. Either it really wasn't full a day and a half before, or there was a sudden, large leak.

Even if the rear main seal on the engine had a catastrophic failure... that would fill the transmission bellhousing... and it would drip from the lower cover on the transmission.

Ford tried and failed, but perhaps you will succeed. You will have to design some new electronic modules, or at least a translator module. You'll also have to solve the cooling system problems that they couldn't.
Do you have a phone number you can call me at so we can have a brief convo so I can make my descion plz 3215274556

Are you proposing that someone beamed the oil out while you were driving that day, or some other form of magic?

Or... someone wasn't reading the dipstick correctly.
Both Joegr and 04 Sport are by far the most knowledgable about the LS on this Forum and I have to agree that either some how a magical Gremlin stole your oil or you weren't reading the dipstick correctly ...I've heard of many LSes with coolant issues or the COP's not working..... but very very very rare to have oil related issues with the 3.9 V8 or 3.0 V6...
My question is....... Was the engine HOT or Cold when you checked the oil before having this issue occur?

Last edited:
And Twiin... you shouldn't post your phone number publicly. Go back to that post and edit it out.

Then contact Joe dirctly through a PM.
This is true, bots scan the internet for phone numbers and email addresses, your spam phone calls will likely increase now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back