Engine oil leak

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Aloha guys.

Yet another leak question. I recently got to replace my AC compressor as I needed to keep my engine above around 2000rpm to get the cold air (and thanks to Joe for posting all that important and necessary info as so far, he's advices on this site has proven 100% for me). Now, that's a whole different story so I'll skip that and into my question. Oh and BTW, I took a chance and went with aftermarket compressor only lasted 4 years. Went with Motorcraft this time around.

During the replacement process, I needed to change my oil so changed oil and filter. At that time, I found oil were dripping from the oil pan, but it looks as it was coming from somewhere above that. Sure enough, when I look at the engine from above, front of the engine were covered with nasty oil grimes. Also, car seems to have small leak from both valve cover and from the solenoid (or is that a sensor?) seal/gasket. But from what it looks, it doesn't look like it's leaking enough to make the whole front side of the engine to have that much grimes. Is there another place I should look for?

My LS is 2004 V-8 with almost 90k (I live on small lump of rock in middle of the Pacific). From what I read here, it's too early to develop a leak, but I have replaced the usual stuffs already so I wouldn't be surprise if I needed some other stuff/gasket/seal to be replaced.

BTW, I already have valve cover gasket set (Fel-Pro) but where can I find the rubber gasket/seal that is on top of the valve cover? I don't know what is called, so I can't even look up on places such as Rockauto or Tasca.Oh, and if you must, I'm only planning to keep the LS for another year or two. NO, it's not the car, but we're planning to move from here. Living expense are getting ridiculous here. And we don't have free shipping!! (except Amazon)

Thanks Joe.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I saw couple of your posts during my search here.

Do you happen to have any advice/tip? Or it's just major PITA and nothing unusual? Probably gonna tackle this soon. As soon as we get over the rainy season. should be soon.....................

Members online

Back