Engine noise from defrost vent

joespanova

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What could cause the engine noise to get into the cabin thru the defrost vent , drivers side? I can cover it with a towel and it gets quiet. We had the windshield replaced a few years ago , been that way ever since , but I can't imagine how THAT could have caused it. They sealed it well and did a nice install.
I couldn't quite figure out HOW the noise was geting in there , but covering the vent with towel stops it.
Any ideas?

What could cause the engine noise to get into the cabin thru the defrost vent , drivers side? I can cover it with a towel and it gets quiet. We had the windshield replaced a few years ago , been that way ever since , but I can't imagine how THAT could have caused it. They sealed it well and did a nice install.
I couldn't quite figure out HOW the noise was geting in there , but covering the vent with towel stops it.
Any ideas?
What does the back of the engine compartment look like? I mean I would assume the firewall is attached and all ventilation ducts are in proper order but that’s the first place I would start ...did you experiment with towel inside engine bay/ compartment?

Any ideas?
I would inspect the cabin air filter also

I would inspect the cabin air filter also
Thanks for the reply. It appears that when they installed the windshield they did not get enough sealer at some point on the cowl , windshield bottom.........meaning there was just enough gap to get some engine noise in the cabin. I put a bead of window sealer at the bottom ( pushed it up under window where there was a gap ) from the "A" pillar drivers side to about halfway across , mission acomplished. Never had THAT happen before..........LOL
BTW 2001 LS

Members online

No members online now.
Back