Engine cover hold downs

DuKeNoMaD

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find, or a part #/ aftermarket replacement for the two "trees" that hold down the engine cover on a first gen V8?. I have used maybe a half dozen different ones by now and they either look right and don't hold it down...or hold it down but look out of place/like crap

Does anyone know where I can find, or a part #/ aftermarket replacement for the two "trees" that hold down the engine cover on a first gen V8?. I have used maybe a half dozen different ones by now and they either look right and don't hold it down...or hold it down but look out of place/like crap
Can you send me a pic of the trees your looking for...might have them

That's the thing I don't know what they actually look like. Never seen an original ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's the thing I don't know what they actually look like. Never seen an original ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'll post a pic later today and you can maybe explain where they're at in the Pick I send ...I think I might know what you're talking about and if thats the case I don't use mine

What the heck is a tree? My cover has about 3 points where a plastic push plug is used. Much like those clips used on interior panels. Are those called "trees"??? I found them on eBay or Amazon, can't remember which. Found a few at a salvage yard I could use, most had been damaged too much by people yanking them off to get to something else. But they were cheap!

Some ppl call them trees, there retaining clips. But anyway I have not been able to find ones with the right size head/finish on the top...with the right size retainer to stay in properly. They listed some on rock auto so I bought 3 different types hope there the one....but for 3.95 for 15 of em can't complain. Got my new toe links arriving today too. So just gotta paint a fender. And finish painting the wheels. And then assemble it all and paint the back wheels before it goes to the exhaust shop

Members online

Back