Engine cooling part

Archangel

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
O
F1D2D3A7-64E3-44E5-BBE3-A34808DE3E13.jpeg
B9F999EE-7DCE-424B-8866-DDE246833893.jpeg
I meant to post this earlier, about a month ago.

A couple of years ago, I dropped some coin on my ride and replaced many of the plastic and cooling hoses, T -stat and housing but didn’t replace this part.

It started about 3 months ago, I noticed that I was loosing coolant but could not smell any or see any leaking unit one day I was driving and I noticed my cooling fan kick in on a 60 degree day at a stop light. The temp gauge was reading a little higher than normal and the fan brought the temp down. I wasn’t far from home and I checked the level and added a half gallon to bring up the level. So I got to looking around and and found the leak.

It was this part and it’s not too easy to get at but it’s done.

There are a few threads warning that the 9Z-9N499-AC part has to be replaced with the rest of the plastic cooling system parts. All of them have to be replaced. Did you skip any other plastic parts?
GenII LS8 Cooling System Overhaul

Sorry for the late reply Joe,
I did read those write ups and ordered most of the parts at one time...Couldn't do all of them due to budget constraints, Stuff ain't cheap.

I believe as of now, I have replaced all the parts except for the de-gas bottle, but I did buy a new pressure cap for the de-gas bottle back then.

Now, it's rear-end rebuild time and that is $$$.
Just this past year, I spent money and time on flushing the trans and replacing the filter. Had to do it twice because I originally put the Merc-V LV in by mistake.
Changed the rear gear oil, fixed the leaky/loose sunroof drain tubes. Replaced the factory rear sub-woofers and all four main door speakers... replaced all 4 rotors and pads, including 1 rear caliper that was sticking, and bled the system. This car, as much as I enjoy driving it is costing me $$$ every time I turn around... I also need to be planning on replacing the rear shocks and springs and have been reading up on that as well... Seriously considering the Bilstein route.

Members online

Back