O I meant to post this earlier, about a month ago. A couple of years ago, I dropped some coin on my ride and replaced many of the plastic and cooling hoses, T -stat and housing but didn’t replace this part. It started about 3 months ago, I noticed that I was loosing coolant but could not smell any or see any leaking unit one day I was driving and I noticed my cooling fan kick in on a 60 degree day at a stop light. The temp gauge was reading a little higher than normal and the fan brought the temp down. I wasn’t far from home and I checked the level and added a half gallon to bring up the level. So I got to looking around and and found the leak. It was this part and it’s not too easy to get at but it’s done.