Engine block heater cord.

TeamFord

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
For those of you that were wondering. You may have an engine block heater installed on your car. The plug is located on the lower grill in the bumper. Well I have located the part # for the cord that goes from that terminal to the wal outlet.

XW4Z-6B019-AA List $86.95 Inet $64.74

See photo below.

DSC02649.jpg

I'll have to check it out when I get home.

But you can't just run a normal extension cord? On my old F150 that's what I did for years. I even had it on a timer so it'd start heating up about 2-3 hours before I needed to leave.

Where can we just get the female end of the plug? I'm guessing that would be way less expensive, and i could make my own cord for it...

Where can we just get the female end of the plug? I'm guessing that would be way less expensive, and i could make my own cord for it...

That the thing, the female part is kind of one-of-a-kind, it's square and the terminals are spaced weird.
So the cable listed above has a regular male end for a regular socket, but has a special female end that goes to car.

HPIM0128.jpg

ah, that explains why a normal extension cord won't work!

not to steal any business from you because it seems like a nice price. You can't control what Ford charges. But for that much money you can almost get a remote starter!

I'm thinking i might just bypass that damn box, and hide the new extension cord female end that i'll wire to it...

ah, that explains why a normal extension cord won't work!

not to steal any business from you because it seems like a nice price. You can't control what Ford charges. But for that much money you can almost get a remote starter!

That is true, but you would be wasting gas and adding emissions to the air. Also, this was just a tip, it's the first one I had ordered for a customer and thought someone else may want one.

That guy that put the timer on his F150 had a great idea.

Good point on wasting gas. I guess it was more a commentary on why Ford, in their infinite wisdom, deemed it best to install a special cord instead of using something off the shelf. What's the point? Perhaps it has something to do with the strange wiring system in the LS?

The tip about the timer was me! But I can't take credit for it, totally. I heard about it froma guy that I work with. But it worked like a charm!!

why Ford, in their infinite wisdom, deemed it best to install a special cord instead of using something off the shelf. What's the point? Perhaps it has something to do with the strange wiring system in the LS?

It was probably the guys at ford saying "let's take the most easily lost piece, and jack up the price on the replacement."

Members online

No members online now.
Back