Energy Suspension sway bar bushing help!

ncls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just finished installing the front bushings # 9.5171g (1 3/16) on my wife's 2000 LS V8 non sport and I can slide the bar side to side very easily. I didn't see if it did it with the old bushings in or not, but that's not normal is it? I sent her to get a set of the 1 1/8 bushings to see if those are better but from what I've read, most of you are using the 1 3/16. Can anyone else slide their bar back and forth like that? I did grease the heck out of the bushings to help get them one, but it doesn't seem right. HELP!

I thought it seemed odd. Thank you. Do you recall what size you installed?

You need to measure your sway bar to find what size you need.

Go find a tailors measuring tape and wrap it around the bar, and use the metric (mm) measurement if it has it. Divide that number by 3.14 and you'll get your answer.

I used the exact ones you did. Part # and size from energy suspension. I didn't install mine myself so I don't know if it slid back and forth or not. The guy said they fit. The only difference is mine is a sport. Don't know if that has a bigger sway bar or not.

Im almost positive the Sport Suspension includes larger diameter roll bars.

Question. Is the SOLE symptom of bad sway bar bushings, a squeaking? I never have a squeak, but in the morning, I have front end clunking galore over the first 1/2 mile or mile of slightly bumpy road. 99,900 miles now, all OEM original stock parts since new. Im pretty certain it's time for ball joints and sway bar bushings, but just trying to get a better understanding.

You need to measure your sway bar to find what size you need.

Go find a tailors measuring tape and wrap it around the bar, and use the metric (mm) measurement if it has it. Divide that number by 3.14 and you'll get your answer.

Actually, you need to divide that number by 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375. That should get you closer :p

Your LS must not have the Sport bar. My bar does not move at all. The sway bar bushing will cause creaking noises as well as a clunk noise when they go bad. My Energy bushings have been on for a while now and they are excellent!

Thanks for the info 02v8Sport. did you have to use any special lube with the poly? I ask, becuase Poly bushings for the control arms/trailing arms are popular with the younger BMW E36 (1992 - 1999 model years) crowd for better "feel". But seems like not matter how much/what kind of lube they use, a few months later they all report back that the poly squeaks/squeals like crazy..until they crawl back under and re-apply lube. Just wondering what your experiences have been

Thanks for the info 02v8Sport. did you have to use any special lube with the poly? I ask, becuase Poly bushings for the control arms/trailing arms are popular with the younger BMW E36 (1992 - 1999 model years) crowd for better "feel". But seems like not matter how much/what kind of lube they use, a few months later they all report back that the poly squeaks/squeals like crazy..until they crawl back under and re-apply lube. Just wondering what your experiences have been

Yes, I use waterproof/marine grease. They will creak w/o greasing them.

If you put an inner circumferential groove in the poly, and connect it to a 1/16th hole to the outside, and connect that with a zerk screwed into a hole in the mount, you can give the bushings a quick shot of moly grease every once in a while. No Squeeks!!!
KS

how hard to change??

I need my sway bar bushings changed on my 2000 LS. How hard are they to change? If you could PM me it would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.
Back