Emergency What The Heck Goes In Here

union807trucker

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
DOES ANYONE KNO WHAT FLUID GOES IN THE RESIVOIR TANK WITH THE LITTLE FAN OVER IT???? SOME MECHANIC SAID IT IS LINKED WITH THE POWER STEERING SO IT IS OK TO ADD THAT FLUID ANOTHER GUY SAID ITS ANTI FREEZE I JUST SO CONFUSED I CALL THE DEALER AND THEY TELL ME BRING IT IN HOLY CRAP WHAT S THE MYSTERY WITH THE FLUIDS???????

ANOTHER QUESTION I HAVE A 2000 LS WITH 76K
WHAT OIL DO I PUT???
THANKS I KNO SOMEONE HERE WILL CONTROL THE MADNESS:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I use 5W30 for oil I believe... (my car doesn't lose any, and I always have the dealer change it) IIRC, it's regular, not synthetic

The resevoir you are referring to is for the hydraulic fan I believe, and takes ATF. Should be in your manual.

Oh, and IIRC, the power steering reservoir cap has - you guessed it - a steering wheel on the cover :D

Click on the tech articles link, you can download an owners manual for your car or one that is similar if you don't have that info in your glove box.

damn it i put antifreeze in it

If its the reservoir next to the engine then you're in trouble. And now you probably should have it TOWED to the dealer for a fluid flush to prevent damage to the fan drive and pump units.

Just a general automotive tip:
NEVER..I mean NEVER..put a fluid in a reservoir without:
A)Reading your owners manual.
B) Knowing EXACTLY what the reservoir is for, and knowing EXACTLY what goes in it.

Good luck. Live and learn.

Members online

No members online now.
Back