emanage on a mark 8?

TicTacTone

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone every try this? i only ask because i have laying around...i bought it about a year and a half ago for a turbo cressida but then ended up selling the car (i moved from minnesota to connecticut and couldnt move 3 cars...i had to put one in the back of a uhaul and another one a trailor...a 3rd was out of the question so i sold it)...anyway i was just wondering if anyones ever used one or know someone that has...i've seen it used on quite a few 4 cyls and some 6 cyls, its just laying around and seems like it might be fun to try out but figuring out the wiring looks like a pain in the ass because its a v8.

Greddy makes good stuff, but I dont think it'd be the optimum tuning solution for a mark 8.

90% of the gains to be had in a mark 8 are due to the changes a tune makes in the trans functions, eManage doesnt touch trans functions.

If I were you, I'd sell it on ebay to offset the cost of getting a proper tuning solution for your Mark 8, I'd suggest SCT's ProRacer package.
it will give you pretty much infinite control over the PCM, whereas eManage only controls the ECM
PCM=powertrain control module
ECM= Engine control module.

eManage only touches half the equation...

will that work with obd1?...it says it tunes using the obd2 port but also says its for 89-06 which kinda confuses me...i know i'm obd1 lol its a 93

will that work with obd1?...it says it tunes using the obd2 port but also says its for 89-06 which kinda confuses me...i know i'm obd1 lol its a 93

When I first got the SCT Pro Race I was tuning my 95 mark 8 which is the same obd1/eeciv processor that is in your 93.

BUT.. beforwarned, the obd1 package cost double what the obd2 package cost because you have to have a chip AND chip burner AND the software.
Whereas the obd2 you only need a flash device and the software.

If you purchase the hardware and software from SCT it's almost 1K
you can get the "chip and chip burner used" and save ALOT of money.
New the chip burner is 450.00 and the chip is 200.00
My friend just got a used chip and burner for 250.00 {deal of the century)

There is a guy on TCCOA selling his PRP package he wants 600ish for it.
But he might take less for the hardware end of it, since he figured out SCT frowns upon selling the software and hardware key.

good thing about the obd1 version is you can put mulitple tunes on the chip and switch the tunes on the fly, compared to the flash version which takes a couple of minutes to change the tune.

hope this didn't further confuse you..haha

Members online

No members online now.
Back