Electrical problem!!!!

surfaaron

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I went to start up my mark 7 this morning and it would not even turn over.(I dont think I left anything on that would drain the battery) Jump started it, which took a while for it to get enough charge,before it started it did a bunch of clicking and then started and assoon as I opened the door to get in the motor started to surge. I could hear some kind of electrical clicking but could not figure out from where. It also smelled like electrical burning. I shut it off and it would not start back up. I am going to wait to hear from you guys before I jump it again. Where should I start.I suck with electrical stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for any help.

Bring your alternator and battery to AutoZone - they'll test it for free. Not sure if they can test a voltage regualtor, but I'd call and/or bring it anyways.

Thanks for the info. I will do that today. We dont have autozone but I think schucks can do it for me. Sure would be great if this is all it is. HOw much should a alternator cost. Thanks again. Also, any tricks to getting the alternator out. It seems it would be pretty strait forward.

Step one.

battery001b.jpg

Unit Price: $55.99
Core Value*: $8.00
Part No.: 65-DL
Weight: 0.00 lbs.
Warranty: 7 YR
Availability: Online: Not Available
Store: Normally Stocked
Note:

*** 750 COLD CRANKING AMPS (735 CRANKING AMPS) *** - > 2 YEAR FREE REPLACEMENT < -

Members online

No members online now.
Back