Electrical issue?

ReMiXeDg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so now my lincoln is letting me down a lot. :(

I have a 02 v6 LS now the abs light stays on when the car is powered on and shortly after it's idling the battery , traction control and emergincy break light comes on. What could this be exactly?

I tested the voltage of the battery while the car was on and it's above 13v.

I don't know what to do I just put $600 into tires and now this happens. I should of leased a car it's like I'm making monthly payments on my lincoln now.

The "battery" light is really a charging system light. It comes on when the PCM can't maintain the proper voltage, or when it thinks the alternator is working too hard. It could be the wiring, the PCM, or (most likely by far) the alternator. Note that you may need a new battery too.

I'd swap out that emergency break for a parking/emergency brake.

The "battery" light is really a charging system light. It comes on when the PCM can't maintain the proper voltage, or when it thinks the alternator is working too hard. It could be the wiring, the PCM, or (most likely by far) the alternator. Note that you may need a new battery too.

I'd swap out that emergency break for a parking/emergency brake.

I'm really fed up with my ls.. I'm about to sell it for anything i can get .. i got jipped buying this hunk of junk I'm done with it. its like no mechanic around here even wants to work on this thing..

I'm going for a 2013 altima or anything above 2010 lol
i don't know what to do i might list it for 2500 and hope i get something out of it. what could be the cause of it turning on with abs light on then driving off and the traction control light comes on. thanks a lot for taking your time and posting here. what a nightmare for a first car its breaking me down

Weak alternators can lead to lots of interesting messages and codes. Think about it: all those messages are triggered by electrically driven sensors. I think joegr is pointing you in the right way to look at the alternator.

should i replace the alternator and battery. i have a system two amps like 1000watt is both together in there should i got for stock oem alternator or do they have a better one for a ls with a after market radio

should i replace the alternator and battery. i have a system two amps like 1000watt is both together in there should i got for stock oem alternator or do they have a better one for a ls with a after market radio

Yes..

IMHO, you're overstressing the alternator with that audio. The LSes alternator is pretty close to maxed out as it is (ergo the hydraulic fan). Again, IMHO, you're killing the alternator running that much juice. The LS does very, very strange things when the battery and/or alternator go south. When mine went years ago my speedo showed 130, my tach showed ~6K RPM and lights were illuminated as I was barely doing 25; and slowing. Once I got into a parking lot and shut it down it wouldn't restart. The alternator and battery were both D...E...A...D!!!

Yes..

IMHO, you're overstressing the alternator with that audio. The LSes alternator is pretty close to maxed out as it is (ergo the hydraulic fan). Again, IMHO, you're killing the alternator running that much juice. The LS does very, very strange things when the battery and/or alternator go south. When mine went years ago my speedo showed 130, my tach showed ~6K RPM and lights were illuminated as I was barely doing 25; and slowing. Once I got into a parking lot and shut it down it wouldn't restart. The alternator and battery were both D...E...A...D!!!

there isn't any other alternator i can use that will push out more amps

High output alternators don't play nice with the LS. A two battery system would be the best route to go.

the ls uses a high stress electrical system these cars were not designed to have that much wattage running off of the alternator take that off replace your battery and then see where your at because if the pcm isnt reading correct voltage from the battery it will go haywire and think the car is in dire trouble

Ok so I had a 300watt and 500watt is that to much two amps?

What would be a good amp to use in this car the 200amp kenwood?
Is there any amp you recommend for bass and voice I don't want anything loud I just want it to sound noce

basic, small, good quality amp that doesn't use much power at all for mids and highs...

Alpine KTP-445U booster amp

class D 4ch, extremely small, will work with OEM radio or aftermarket, small enough to get mounted on top of the glove box.

uses less than 15 amps total and has 45W RMS per channel

as far as how much is too much, it depends on how hard and often you push it. I've ran a 1500W RMS kicker amp in both my 00 V6 and my 03 V8 for years without a problem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back