Electrical interference through speakers

jrayelliott90

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Lately I've had a few on and off problems with my back speakers. I believe they are subs and not 6×9s. When I run my heated seats or sometimes just my heater, I can hear static interference when the volume is off. If I turn down the heater the static subsides parallel with the blower level. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Check the connection at the rear window where the antenna is. IIRC it is at the top of the window. Also check grounds for the amps, someone had a similar issue before.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-64353.html

There was a trouble shoot that someone posted before. It was something that had to do with the antenna, which is integrated into the window like the defroster developing a crack and you test the resistance to see if there is a problem.

Can't find it right now but it's worth a search. But since this is happening with the Stereo OFF, I would suspect a grounding issue in the speakers.

Thank you. Now that you mention the ground I bet it's loose. Bcuz it doesn't happen everytime. I'll check it out and get back with how I fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back