electrical diagnosis problem

achesonm8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Have not posted in awhile. My Mark is running great! I have a friend who has a 2006 Mercury Montego (same as Ford Freestyle and 500). His ABS light, traction control light, CEL, throttle control(?) and passenger airbag warning light all come on systematically at 45 mph. When he stops and restarts they are off. This problem started about 3 or 4 days after he had a new battery installed. He had O'Reillys run a "diagnostic" test but there were no errors. Don't know what diagnostic tool they were using. Don't know whether it is related to the battery replacement. I am guessing that the ABS light is coming on systematically at 45 mph as it must be triggered by speed sensors. The other warning lights may be on the same circuit and perhaps there is a short. I suggested that he check all fuses first both in the passenger compartment and then in the power distribution box. If those are ok then he might look at the speed sensor connection(s) for the ABS system...I looked for a wiring diagram for the the car but could not find a free one online. Any thoughts suggestions/experience would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!:cool:
Scott

I would start by pulling each wheel off and checking each sensor including the wires and making sure nothing is caught in the trigger points.

Members online

No members online now.
Back