Electric fan conversion on 00 ls v6, NEW MEMBER

white2000ls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 00 v6 ls and my cooling fan wont come on and ive replaced the fan but i think i need the hydraulic pump which is f 'ing expensive. I want to know how to install an electic one and what brand you guys recommend.

Hi, welcome to LVC.

You should post some pictures of your ride. Have you done any other modifications or will the fan be your first?

Best bet is just jerk out what is there and measure the hole, go buy whatever is available in your area that best fits the hole, follow it's instructions.

The reason for the hydraulic fan in the first place was because the alternator wasn't up to the load an electric fan would draw.

So unless you're looking at upgrading that too, I'd stick with hydraulic.

I have a 00 v6 ls and my cooling fan wont come on and ive replaced the fan but i think i need the hydraulic pump which is f 'ing expensive. I want to know how to install an electic one and what brand you guys recommend.

The shroud holds a 19in. Fan but anything 19 and under will fit.

About two years ago I had an issue with my fan not kicking in I searched a bit and decided to change out the hydrolic fan pump actuator to see if that was the problem, and not to mention the cheapest thing to change. I don't remember exactly what the symptoms of a failing one were but it wouldn't hurt to look onto that. Here's a link that might help.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...o-Repair-Hydraulic-Fan-Pump-Actuator-Solenoid

Take note of the post dates fellas!

July 17th, 2009

Ha! I only looked at the last post date! Oh we'll, maybe it'll help someone else out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back