Eldorado oil pan repairs. $?

northstar11

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help here. I have a 1997 Eldorado, non etc, and the oil pan gasket needs to be replaced. My mechanic that I use for all my other repairs quoted me a price of around $1,000.00. It really sounded hight to me for just a gasket. Is this the norm? Help please!

There are 2 gaskets involved here and I don't know if your mechanic knows that or not. There is a gasket that seals the upper half of the block to the lower half and they are well known to seep oil. That gasket is $30 and labor is 15.7 hours or $628 at $40/hr (my rate) The engine must be removed to change the gasket. If it really is the oil pan gasket leaking, the gasket is $26 and it takes 12.2 hours to change or $488 at 40/hr. The transmission must be removed to change the oil pan gasket. Labor times include the removal of engine or transmission whichever the case may be. So I would say that $1000 is a little high possibly on purpose because the mechanic really doesn't want to do it. If I was removing the engine, I would change both gaskets while I was at it.

hey kid you really ought to join up at cadillacforums.com its alot more info and alot more ppl than here just my 2 cents

Hey Paul!

Hey Paul,
You forgot to leave your phone number when you left your message about fixing your Eldo. I can't call you back to schedule the job without your phone #. Talk to you soon, I hope!

Members online

No members online now.
Back