Eibach Springs/And 20's...

PRIMETIMEsLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..quick question...i'm close to ordering the Eibach spring kit, but i plan on getting 20's down the road (no pun intended) will they clear, despite the car being lowered? anyone with experience? do you guys reccomend the kit? thnx for any other info.

ryan

possibly, just depends on the amount lowered, the rim width, tire width, and the offset of the wheel.

I have a 255/40/19 on back with a 42mm offset and have my fender wells rolled in and have no rubbing.

If you get 20's with the sane overall diameter and tread width and section width as the stock 235/50/17's ... there shouls be no clearance issues.

I hah Eibachs put on my car Wensday. Ride is about the same as the stock sport suspension on my 06, the look is much better.

wheel fitment all depends on your width and offset. keeping the same tire od is a good idea. if you change it your speedo will be off and your shift points if you have an auto trans. i'm running 19x8.5 fronts/ 19x9.5 rears with the eibach spring kit. the fronts touch from time to time on big bums or diving into corners hard. the rear seems to have lots of room. hope this helps

I have 20's with sprint springs that are about a 2" drop and I have no problems.

craigbryan004-2.gif

Where can I get my fenders wells rolled? I have some 22's and they don't rub that much because I bought some coil spacers which was only a temporary solution. Being that I'm in Colorado, my 22's are off, but want to figure out wat to do before the weather gets better. Any advice is very appreciated thanks guys!

Mr.USA2005 said:
...I bought some coil spacers...
so you lifted your LS to fit 22" wheels which of course adversely affected handling, ride, and acceleration? :eyeroll: not my cup of tea at all, but lets see some pics

carnut101 said:
so you lifted your LS to fit 22" wheels which of course adversely affected handling, ride, and acceleration? :eyeroll: not my cup of tea at all, but lets see some pics

He also said it was a temporary fix.

As for getting your the lips rolled i would just try some local body shops. Alot of shops that do body work for performance cars should be able to do it. They alot of people will roll the fenders to get wider tires in the rear so it shouldnt be hard to find a shop that does it.

i know that he said it was temporary, but ignoring whats done to the suspension to fit those wheels, the size and weight alone of a 22" rim would kill the performance. In my opinion, 22s are waaay overkill on a sedan. theres just no way to tuck them under the fenders where the car doesnt look jacked up yet is still drivable. (if you didnt notice, im anal about weight reduction on cars haha)

Members online

No members online now.
Back