Eibach Lowering Springs. Stupid Question.

2005HotRodLincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a set of 19's for my LS. Looking around here on some pic threads, I agree that the car needs to be lowered when I install the wheels.
My question is for anyone who has installed the Eibach lowering springs. Im just curious as to how long it took you, estimated install time.
When I lowered my truck, it took almost a whole day. Im wondering if it will take all day to put this kit on my car.
Thanks

Depending on if you know what you are doing and if you have power tools or not it could take a couple hours to a whole day. I did all 4 in about 6 hours taking breaks and with regular hand tools and it was the first time I ever changed springs. Really not a hard job if you know what you're doing.

If you have air tools, it will take probably an hour or two.

With hand tools it is easily 5+ hours.

Thanks guys!
Did anyone have to adjust the alignment of the vehicle? or did the car maintain the same alignment with bigger wheels?
I had to do camber bolts on the lower control arms of my truck because the tires wore really bad on the inside.

You won't need an alignment unless you mess with or replace tie rods/toe links.

ANd with lowering, you will chew through the insides of your tires more than if you left it at stock heighth, got to pay to play. However, stay on top of rotating them and you can get maximum life out of them anyways. (rears will wear quicker)

Depends on the tire you have, higher tread wear rating will be your friend.

I've had eibachs for about 30k and i've yet to notice any uneven wear on my tires...then again i dont keep wheels very long lol

But i have around 10k on my current tires and no uneven wear.

I did get an alignment after installing the eibachs, by the way.

LOL yeah, I planned on that.
I'm not concerned with getting a performance tire that wears fast, because I do mostly highway driving....And there are no winding roads in Florida...

Eibachs will put you at the very edge, or slightly over the front "maximum" of 1º negative camber. The rear is nonadjustable. My local shop maneuvered the front shocks (he found out the bolts would take too long to receive; I had to get to work) to achieve .9º negative. I plan on having the bolts installed next time.

Thanks guys!
Did anyone have to adjust the alignment of the vehicle? or did the car maintain the same alignment with bigger wheels?
I had to do camber bolts on the lower control arms of my truck because the tires wore really bad on the inside.

You should always go for new alignment after installing new tires.

Your will need cam bolts for front.. Rear non adjustable. I buy rear tires every other year

You won't need an alignment unless you mess with or replace tie rods/toe links.

You absolutely do need an alignment after lowering!

Set aside a day to do it and you will be fine. A lot of time can go into swapping over the spring perches and shocks, so if you plan on replacing those parts you can do it before installation to save some down time.

Me having just lowered my LS I will say that an alignment was a must. I didn't end up getting the camber kit for the front. The shop struggled a little but finally got it within spec. I love it and so far no tire wear. The only issue that I have is that the driver side front spring has turned in the perch and is now very noisy over bumps and when making turns. I am going to take it out this weekend and correct it in hopes the noise will subside.

have had my 2002 LSE V8 on Eibachs and 18 inch wheels for the past 5 years and about 80k miles. When I had the wider 18's, I definitely had inside tread wear. Last tire change I went with the narrower option of 225/45 18 and no (or minimal..cant see it if it is) tire wear on the inside.

have had my 2002 LSE V8 on Eibachs and 18 inch wheels for the past 5 years and about 80k miles. When I had the wider 18's, I definitely had inside tread wear. Last tire change I went with the narrower option of 225/45 18 and no (or minimal..cant see it if it is) tire wear on the inside.

With that size your speedo is 2.5% too slow. 60mph indicated is actually 61.5 mph.

With that size your speedo is 2.5% too slow. 60mph indicated is actually 61.5 mph.

Understood. But the slight improvement in ride comfort (smaller tire patch to transmit less of the tar strips and other imperfections into the cabin) and less waste of tires is worth it. To me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back