egr removal v6

biohazard_99

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm removing my egr components and blocking off all holes/bung. Can I remove my sensors associated with the egr system? Do I need resistors? A Tune is my first $ mod, but I just got the car with a lot of problems.

Thanks
Ken

Okay, I understand ignoring emissions, you wants clean air anyway...

Lack of EGR will boost cylinder temperature which will cause detonation which will cause the PCM to retard timing which will reduce power and mileage.
Removing the EGR associated hardware\sensors will remove you MAP sensor. I can't imagine that not knowing the manifold absolute pressure is going to make the engine management better.
Yes, of course it will turn the check engine light on.

Useful information...And I appreciate it....

But not super helpful with my situation. The egr system is removed already. A tune can delete it completely....correct? So until then will my car run...based on what you said It will just shirty mpgs...is there a resister I can use to trick the computer until it is tuned...

Detonation...I don't think it would be that bad, I'm not racing the motor.

Thanks
Ken

I understand what an egr system does...And I'd imagine removing my maf sensor would make it worse. If we cared about mpg we wouldn't own Lincoln's.

I could really use some info on the best way to hold the egr-less motor over until tune.

Also...I have no idea on this...But could make sense....

Would it be possible to use hotter plugs and a cooler thermostat...I don't think either would help much...But maybe enough...

No way every v6 has egr or is tuned...without one of you guys getting stuck in the middle like I am.

Detonation...I don't think it would be that bad, I'm not racing the motor.

are you serious? that is one of the worse things that can happen inside of the motor, whether your racing your motor or not, if the explosion happens to early, it can break your rods...

if I were you, I would work on fixing your actual problems instead of trying to rig everything up and just making the car a bigger pile...

So removing My egr will blow my motor...

Maybe we are not eye to eye...

I know detonation is bad...

I doubt my motor will detonate or ping enough to blow up unless I'm asking for it. I doubt it will at all . Be honest. I expect my mpg to suck. I expect a dash light.

Just forget it. Sorry for even speaking.. good day.

I'm thinking about it

So removing My egr will blow my motor...

Maybe we are not eye to eye...

I know detonation is bad...

I doubt my motor will detonate or ping enough to blow up unless I'm asking for it. I doubt it will at all . Be honest. I expect my mpg to suck. I expect a dash light.

Just forget it. Sorry for even speaking.. good day.

There is an intake without the egr, so you don't have to plug it.
5W4E-9424-CB
I'm thinking about this too. My car is junk at this point anyway, might as well have some fun!

Members online

No members online now.
Back