Easy gauge mod

Lincoln Continental

1. MooJohn

MooJohn Well-Known LVC Member

I decided I didn't want the kilometers reading on my speedometer so I got rid of them:

gauges.jpg

I like how much cleaner it is. I just cut some black vinyl in a semi-circle and stuck it over the top reflector source for the gauges. Voila - instant blackout of the center portion of the speedo.

You can use black tape or anything dark, the less-reflective the better. It's quick to do and easily reversible if you decide you don't want it later on.

2. bradyelich

bradyelich Well-Known LVC Member

Nice!! cost effective and subtle. Too bad cant do this with the nasty warning lights....

3. MooJohn

Nobody else finds it interesting?

Pic from further away also showing the steering wheel I grabbed off ebay for $150:

steeringwheel.jpg

(hint: search for Town Car and Grand Marquis / Crown Vic steering wheels to get the best prices - wheel is identical)

4. holptj

holptj LVC Member

Interesting!

"quick to do and easily reversible" = Win!

5. 93mkviii

93mkviii Dedicated LVC Member

Good looking continental.

6. MooJohn

Thanks for the kind words. I try to keep the link in my sig updated with all the mods, large and small.

The next major mod planned will be a projector HID retrofit for the headlights because they suck! I don't want drop-in HIDs with reflectors that are this bad, even though they're tempting at only $40 vs. $300+ for real projectors. The insides of my lights need to be cleaned/polished anyway and I'm no stranger to having headlights in the oven.

Oh, and some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires at some point because the Michelins on it may have a great 650 treadwear rating but they're hard as a brick when it comes to real traction. Luckily 16-inch tires are very cheap compared to the 17s+ on my past cars and the 20s on my old truck.